Vine ID......who wants to cut this fencerow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get it bad but I approach from upwind with my front end loader and scrape a couple of feet off around the bottom and let it die. I also have a sprayer that sprays 15 feet mix eraser and diesel that does pretty good also.

I got to get the sprayer out and ready to go. My Mule is down for the count so I will be using the wheeler

Three leaflets are Poison Ivy, 5 leaflets = Virginia Creeper, don't mess with it.
I knew someone once who was so incapable of being wrong, that they picked all the extra leaves off a creeper vine once someone pointed that out - I don't know if they actually had thought it was poison ivy, or were just not going to be wrong. Some people's children...

I knew someone once who was so incapable of being wrong, that they picked all the extra leaves off a creeper vine once someone pointed that out - I don't know if they actually had thought it was poison ivy, or were just not going to be wrong. Some people's children...
That is a situation where you want the guy to be right and you want it to be poison ivy with 5,,,,ahh 3.... Karma

I have seen a young Creeper with 3 leaflets.

Hopefully you weren't feeding your mule 3 leaf salad 😁
Naw the Mule drinks diesel.....well she did. She got all hot under the collar one night and I shut her down. I need to tear into her but I know it will be costly.......

I have seen a young Creeper with 3 leaflets.
That's typical for young creeper plants to have 3 leaflets. When they mature the other 2 will sprout. It's not as hairy as poison ivy either. Normally pretty easy to tell them apart, but for whatever reason it seems the two always grow together. I haven't ever seen jusy Virginia creeper and no poison ivy. But I have seen lots of poison ivy with no creeper mixed in.

That's typical for young creeper plants to have 3 leaflets. When they mature the other 2 will sprout. It's not as hairy as poison ivy either. Normally pretty easy to tell them apart, but for whatever reason it seems the two always grow together. I haven't ever seen jusy Virginia creeper and no poison ivy. But I have seen lots of poison ivy with no creeper mixed in.
When there is Virginia Creeper and some Poison Ivy mixed in with it, sometime you don't see the P.I. that's one way of getting a rash. Damn stuff hides among Creeper.

So what is your opinion of what I pictured? Is the three leaf mixed in PI or Creeper?

Hose it down with Triclopyr mixed with some Top Surf so it sticks and wait for it to die before you mess with that poison ivy. That stuff will make your junk fall off if you get it on you.

Hose it down with Triclopyr mixed with some Top Surf so it sticks and wait for it to die before you mess with that poison ivy. That stuff will make your junk fall off if you get it on you.
After I get done planting it will probably end up being a JD 550 or 700 with the air going.

So what is your opinion of what I pictured? Is the three leaf mixed in PI or Creeper?

Bill, you got both PI and creeper in those pictures.

I get PI bad. I'd nail with herbicide with a follow up (s) until it was dead. Then not screw with for a year or two/three until it's rotted away. Even then I'd be careful and not use a saw on the trees.

If see even a small bit getting started on my property, I nail it with spray so it don't get to spread. If it's get big enough to seed birds will eat the seed and crap them out wherever the fly to. That's besides putting up shoots from the roots.

Bill, you got both PI and creeper in those pictures.

I get PI bad. I'd nail with herbicide with a follow up (s) until it was dead. Then not screw with for a year or two/three until it's rotted away. Even then I'd be careful and not use a saw on the trees.

If see even a small bit getting started on my property, I nail it with spray so it don't get to spread. If it's get big enough to seed birds will eat the seed and crap them out wherever the fly to. That's besides putting up shoots from the roots.
You should see the trees in my yard. This poo is gone rogue.......

Back