• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Vintage Homelite C71 w/ 24" bar. 150psi compression.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daryng

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am trying to sell my dads old Homelite c71. This saw has been on a shelf in his shop for many years and it used to run. I used it on several occasions while i was in High school. I put a little fuel in it but could never get it to fire. it has 150lbs of compression but doesn't have any spark. If i had to guess i'd say it is in the switch but I did no further investigation. This saw could easily be repaired, or could provide someone with a complete parts saw.

I am asking $100 shipped. I'm not trying to get rich off of this saw so I will entertain offers (provide zip code with offer to calculate shipping)

WP_20140112_019[1].jpg WP_20140112_014[1].jpg

Another thing to try is to pull the lead going to the off switch and cover that wire's terminal with electrical tape so that it can not ground to the frame of the saw. Then put a lil' splash of premix in it and pull it over to see if she will start. Use the part throttle open feature and the choke wide open.

Latest posts

Back