Vintage Saws still in service

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still use SP125, poulan 71A,056 magII, and 5200 series poulan. Othes as well just can not think of them.

My older saws are mainly for goofing off, but last winter on one rediculously cold morning I needed to cut some firewood quickly and this '63 Mac 15 was the only thing I could get started. It got me out of a jam.

attachment.php

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/70pk1CIscg0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/70pk1CIscg0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And McCulloch...:cry:

I grew up running these. I like the name and hate what became of them.

My dream is to buy back the American brands and make them into dominant brands once again.

I know, really long shot, but I guess I can still dream.

Mr. HE:cool:

I run this one...don't know the year. Anybody have a guess?
attachment.php

I cant seem to get rid of this one, although I've been trying, so maybe its a sign. I ran it a bit the other day. Anybody know what vintage it is? Im thinking early 70's late 60's?? Runs like a new one.
picture.php

I run this one...don't know the year. Anybody have a guess?

That series of Homelite had a long production run starting in the mid 60`s and ran through to the late 80`s. The blue and white saws were the early ones , they later changed to red. I can rember the blue and whites being sold up until 1975, after that the red ones showed up.
Pioneerguy600

The Johnsereds 52 in my sig is my old saw. It was new in 1974 and replaced a Mac 10-10. I actually use the 52 often. I can't imagine using a Mac 10-10 often. Anything without good vibe isolation belongs in either a museum, or in someone else hands.

This is an older pict of some of my vintage runners, all these saws ran the day these picts were taken and each saw, except the big blue saw,cut one block of wood off, they all run like they were intended to when they were new.

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1375

The two oldest saws there are the blue ones lower right, the largest one is an 1948 IEL model AB and the other blue with yellow drive gear is a 1948 Titan 200.

Pioneerguy600

This is an older pict of some of my vintage runners, all these saws ran the day these picts were taken and each saw, except the big blue saw,cut one block of wood off, they all run like they were intended to when they were new.

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1375

The two oldest saws there are the blue ones lower right, the largest one is an 1948 IEL model AB and the other blue with yellow drive gear is a 1948 Titan 200.

Pioneerguy600
Now there's a beautifully photographed,very sweet collection of first class,top-shelf magnesium. I gotta ask what sort that is behind the big Husky and to the left of the Titan Sportsman? You need to be quite proud!
Igpoe (Dean Coates):jawdrop:

Now there's a beautifully photographed,very sweet collection of first class,top-shelf magnesium. I gotta ask what sort that is behind the big Husky and to the left of the Titan Sportsman? You need to be quite proud!
Igpoe (Dean Coates):jawdrop:

If you are refering to the big blue one, it`s the IEL mod. AB mentioned in the subtitle on the pict post. Here is a close up of that new saw.

IMG_1349

IMG_1348.jpg

If this is not the saw you are refering to then let me know and I can post more picts of any of the others.
Pioneerguy600

If you are refering to the big blue one, it`s the IEL mod. AB mentioned in the subtitle on the pict post. Here is a close up of that new saw.

IMG_1349

IMG_1348.jpg

If this is not the saw you are refering to then let me know and I can post more picts of any of the others.
Pioneerguy600

No, not the IEL, I recognise that one and it's almost perfect,but the one to the left of the Titan,behind the big Husky..............looking straight at the photo. It's orange with a full-wrap handle in black. Put up all the pics you want............I can look for a WHILE YET.
Dean:clap:

No, not the IEL, I recognise that one and it's almost perfect,but the one to the left of the Titan,behind the big Husky..............looking straight at the photo. It's orange with a full-wrap handle in black. Put up all the pics you want............I can look for a WHILE YET.
Dean:clap:

Ok, now I gotcha, that`s a rare one indeed or so I am told. It was made for Husqvarna by Crescent of Uppsala Sweden in the early 60`s.

IMG_1368.jpg

I checked in the albums but it seems that a lot of the other picts I have of that saw were lost this summer when my other computer had a melt down, will have to take some more picts again soon and reload the albums.
Pioneerguy600

I routinely use a mac 125 and a 2100 as stump saws. I also enjoy cutting firewood with vintage saws,(pro mac 700 homelite XL925, poulan 5200)

Back