Volks-man gotta ? for ya

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it does look bad on me as a builder. I'm OK with that. But what I'm not OK with is you calling me a liar. Fortunately, you're not the Final Judge. Only He knows what everyones intentions was in all of this. I can rest my head at night knowing that I did no wrong intenetionally. And for what I unintentionally did, I have appologized for.

Brad, you saying you didn't know that cylinder had broken fins is about like a man saying he didn't know he had an ass until someone told him about it and kicked it. Well sir, your ass is being kicked. Quit acting like we're all a bunch of dolts that you can tell whatever you want to.

Where is the Ohio Chainsaw Mafia, or Diaper Posse, or whatever the hell they call themselves when Brad needs them?

Rats from a sinking ship...

Yes, it does look bad on me as a builder. I can deal with that. But what I'm not OK with is you calling me a liar. Fortunately, you're not the Final Judge. Only He knows what everyones intentions was in all of this. I can rest my head at night knowing that I did no wrong intenetionally. And for what I unintentionally did, I have appologized for.

I am no one Brad, no one but a another human being. I think HE knows you spent some time with that cylinder before you put it on the saw, sometime was needed before it was fit to be used. I'm sure you can figure out what I'm saying. Nite Brad, remember He is watching...

Brad, you saying you didn't know that cylinder had broken fins is about like a man saying he didn't know he had an ass until someone told him about it and kicked it. Well sir, your ass is being kicked. Quit acting like we're all a bunch of dolts that you can tell whatever you want to.

Whatever Space. That's exactly what I'm telling you. If that means that everyone looses complete confidence in me, that entirely fine. But I won't stand to be called a liar. Of course, I can't stop you either. It's just real disappointing to see some that I thought were friends, turn on me when I screw up like this.

hi guys.
another fun thread tonight.... saws, swindlers, religion, photography........

yeah, that's my pic.

thanks for the encouraging words about the parts i have traded with you folks.

sometimes things tend to get blown out of proportion around here.
i, for one, actually come here to learn about saws. (though sometimes my smart-ass attitude doesn't show it).
if anyone has anything to add to my 'port timing thread', now would be a good time. i seem to be making some progress over there and would like very much to have some more input.

Just a thought....
arrowheadpioneer

Whatever Space. That's exactly what I'm telling you. If that means that everyone looses complete confidence in me, that entirely fine. But I won't stand to be called a liar. Of course, I can't stop you either. It's just real disappointing to see some that I thought were friends, turn on me when I screw up like this.

You're not an honest man Brad. Only you can fix that.

I am no one Brad, no one but a another human being. I think HE knows you spent some time with that cylinder before you put it on the saw, sometime was needed before it was fit to be used. I'm sure you can figure out what I'm saying. Nite Brad, remember He is watching...

Tom, you don't need to spin inuendos and write between the lines. Yes, I cleaned up transfer from inside that cylinder. It cleaned up very nicely, thank you very much. I'm not trying to hide from anyone here. Perhaps thats how I missed the fins. I was concentrating on making sure the bore was right. I had another cylinder here that did not clean up as nicely, and was a Stihl, not a Mahle, cylinder. I chose to use the nicer bore and the Mahle cylinder. But I commited an unforgiveable cardinal sin and missed the broken fins.

Last edited:
You know, I've known some pathological liars that were so good they convinced themselves they were telling the truth. Seems they were all about image as well.

I think you all missed the point...its not about all this soul searching..Its a BAD casting! :blob2:Its Stihl's Chinese Foundry's fault! The mould is missing fins! But as one Famous Stihl person noticed....if the saw builder who was to modify a customer saw to a state out of warranty hadn't found the problem the customer would never have known! It was a serviceable within spec Stihl Cylinder.:sucks:

Last edited:

carefull, "they" are watching. saying you did nothing wrong, than saying you screwed up is questionable. simply a word of advice from a drunk

whered all these black helicopters come from anyway, time to put on my tinfoil hat

Last edited:
I haven't had one come back yet, thank you very much.

With the manner in which you originally handled this one, perhaps there is a reason. I think a better question would be, have there been any issues/complaints from other customers?

Perhaps I've just been dealing with to many Congress Critters lately and have become accustom to parsing words a bit more closely.

carefull, "they" are watching. saying you did nothing wrong, than saying you screwed up is questionable. simply a word of advice from a drunk

I screwed up by not noticing those broken fins. I did nothing "wrong", as in intentionally trying to screw someone over. Only a fool in their right mind would think I'd expect to get one like this over on Tom.

You know, I've known some pathological liars that were so good they convinced themselves they were telling the truth. Seems they were all about image as well.

What law school are you going to?...:hmm3grin2orange:

I screwed up by not noticing those broken fins. I did nothing "wrong", as in intentionally trying to screw someone over. Only a fool in their right mind would think I'd expect to get one like this over on Tom.

You've been playing that card the whole time. Truth is you were hesitant to send the saw out in the first place. There's a good reason for that, wasn't there Bradley.

With the manner in which you originally handled this one, perhaps there is a reason. I think a better question would be, have there been any issues/complaints from other customers?

Perhaps I've just been dealing with to many Congress Critters lately and have become accustom to parsing words a bit more closely.

I've had no one ask to return a saw. There was one other saw that the purchaser had some concerns with. He handled it like a gentleman, I treated him as such, and it was worked out. He still owns that saw today, and is happy with it AFAIK. I can recall no other complaints on any saw I've ported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back