Walbro carburettor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bourrouxbois

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, it's not a chainsaw but the principle is the same! I am looking for a carburettor for my old alpin 25 strimmer. The original is Welbro WT273 which is now obsolete. There are loads of WT460 on ebay. Does anybody know if this is a natural supersession ????

I don't think the 460 will be a direct replacement. Kits are still available, is rebuilding the old one not an option?
My next suggestion would be visiting local small engine repair shops old carb in hand, looking for something close enough to adapt

Hi, thanks for getting back. Yes rebuild is an option, but a new carb is normally only a few quid more than a kit, and far less stressful 😃. I guess I'll go that route. 👍

Hi, it's not a chainsaw but the principle is the same! I am looking for a carburettor for my old alpin 25 strimmer. The original is Welbro WT273 which is now obsolete. There are loads of WT460 on ebay. Does anybody know if this is a natural supersession ????
This member is in Europe, where completely different machines are sold/used. I suspect that a strimmer, is actually, a string trimmer. Not a weed whip, weedeater, or the true Chinese term, the weed whacker.

Not sure what the question, or issue is. I did a simple google search and the parts are 8 bucks?

https://www.weingartz.com//assembly...-wt-273-1-wt-273-1-parts-list/4280-1416-21342

Hi, thanks for the reply. Repair kits are readily available (even here in France!), the issue was that I was just being lazy, and looking at a bolt on solution. I will of course go for the rebuild options as a replacement carb seems unlikely.

Thank you for the link. Good to know, unfortunately it would double the price to import it into France, the authorities here love their taxes!

This member is in Europe, where completely different machines are sold/used. I suspect that a strimmer, is actually, a string trimmer. Not a weed whip, weedeater, or the true Chinese term, the weed whacker.

Not sure what the question, or issue is. I did a simple google search and the parts are 8 bucks?
Potato tomato, point being is you know what their names are without being a know it all about it.
Not everybody lives in the US where everything is cheap and plentiful, for those who live outside of the US sometimes it's cheaper to buy a whole carb.

SEPW is not necessarily an option. We have all proceeded from the item page, to order page, to lines of info., to select shipping, to pre-checkout, where it shows the item to be on back order, but we will take your money. 6 - 8 wks later, the refund arrives.

If I thought you'd be interested, I'd jump thru that hoop, and if I can get a 273 in-hand, I could list it on eBay with you jumping on it. Shipping would be an after-thought.

Just trying to help out. Good Luck!

SEPW is not necessarily an option. We have all proceeded from the item page, to order page, to lines of info., to select shipping, to pre-checkout, where it shows the item to be on back order, but we will take your money. 6 - 8 wks later, the refund arrives.

If I thought you'd be interested, I'd jump thru that hoop, and if I can get a 273 in-hand, I could list it on eBay with you jumping on it. Shipping would be an after-thought.

Just trying to help out. Good Luck!
You speak word salad as good as joe or kamala 🤣🤣

Not sure where this is heading, so I've ordered a repair kit on ebay.fr and will take it from there. Thanks for your help 🙂

Back