Walbro had-79a fuel pump diarpham

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stilh036prohog

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Working on the shindaiwa 488. Which one to use? 1,2 or 3? #4 is what found in it.

Attachments

• 20190911_155257.jpg
    20190911_155257.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Do they make these new kits so that a combination of diaphragms are used, like #1 along with #3. I have encountered AM kits where none of the gaskets and diaphragms were correct. I only use OEM or Stens kits so these AM kits are baffeling.
I have seen kits with doaphrams with the flappers cut out like that, I believe they were layed atop the one with flappers. I cannot remember ever installing one like it, I always picked what was in the carb, shape wise, and put
that back in the carb.

I have seen kits with doaphrams with the flappers cut out like that, I believe they were layed atop the one with flappers. I cannot remember ever installing one like it, I always picked what was in the carb, shape wise, and put
that back in the carb.

I am thinking that they must be designed for a piggyback installation, the one with flaps to be put on the machined surface first, the one with the pump diaphragm installed on top of the first to seal the impulse over the pump side. I have had a few carbs sent to me that had the wrong diaphragms installed from these new AM kits, the saws would flood out immediately.

I find that the black rubber type diaphragms worked the best, they were more pliable but they can`t stand up to the ethanol in todays gasoline. The diaphragms that can withstand the ethanol are less responsive but will still allow the carb to keep the engine supplied, throttle response is a little slower, doesn`t matter to the masses.

I find that the black rubber type diaphragms worked the best, they were more pliable but they can`t stand up to the ethanol in todays gasoline. The diaphragms that can withstand the ethanol are less responsive but will still allow the carb to keep the engine supplied, throttle response is a little slower, doesn`t matter to the masses.
Black rubber..........

OOOoooo baby..........

That was after isprayed it with carb cleaner. I wonder why the one's without the flaps were in the kits.

You need to go over to the other side, and remove the needle, and hold the carb up to a light, and look through the passage under the needle, and look through to the screen. You will see how choked up it is with gunk.
Replace the screen after cleaning out the passage.

Back