Walbro HD199 Fix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hush up Scott. Figuring this stuff out is the fun part......not as fun as watching.....but still fun.

:hmm3grin2orange:

I've got two 7900s that don't want to run with the stock Zama carbs........crappy carbs anyway.

I've lowered the pop off pressure, opened the idle passage two drill sizes, made the idle air bleed in the butterfly a little bigger. Still no joy. I could probably just put a 372 carb on there but then I wouldn't learn anything. :cheers:

Are the carbs on the newer 7900's different than the older carbs? The only issue I've ever had with the Zama 7900 carb was a loose welch plug that was on a 6 year old saw. I've owned 5 7900's now and two of them were ported. I also know quite a few people the 7900's and they've hade zero issues as well. The Zama C3M is a good carb in my book, as are most Zama carbs IMHO.:cheers:

How about you figure out by yourself, see how long that takes, then charge $10 to fix it and listen to guys complain because shipping is too much or that they can do it themselves (as long as you give them step by step instructions and a picture tutorial). Then let us all know how inclined to share information you are. :dizzy:

Holly crap dude. Read what people are putting down before you jump all over it. I had no complaint of Scott what so ever. You are incredible. I had just mentioned about the value of a good working carb for a cost nothing project saw VS the cost of shipping to another country that would end up costing me more than a brand new carb. Show me a post of mine where Im complaining about Scott. As I said before, he would already have my carb if the shipping from as far away as I live from Scott, would put the price less than the price of a new carb.

If there is any complaint there, its the fact that Scott decided to live so damn far from me. I mean, what the hell was he thinking. Didn't he know that I would need some work done. Its like he wasn't thinking of me at all. Because of all of that, he should at least be willing to come up here once a year, and fix my stuff for free, just for my inconvenience. There you go dude, now wine and cry away about what I said.:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:: Lol.

Holly crap dude. Read what people are putting down before you jump all over it. I had no complaint of Scott what so ever. You are incredible. I had just mentioned about the value of a good working carb for a cost nothing project saw VS the cost of shipping to another country that would end up costing me more than a brand new carb. Show me a post of mine where Im complaining about Scott. As I said before, he would already have my carb if the shipping from as far away as I live from Scott, would put the price less than the price of a new carb.

If there is any complaint there, its the fact that Scott decided to live so damn far from me. I mean, what the hell was he thinking. Didn't he know that I would need some work done. Its like he wasn't thinking of me at all. Because of all of that, he should at least be willing to come up here once a year, and fix my stuff for free, just for my inconvenience. There you go dude, now whine and cry away about what I said.:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:: Lol.

Told ya it'd get better.:tongue2:

And it's a Friday night. Wait'll the big guns come out...:popcorn:

:cheers:

Ok, I will admit, I have started already. My 6yr old is making me a bit irritable. Come get me guys:jester:

Ok, I will admit, I have started already. My 6yr old is making me a bit irritable. Come get me guys:jester:

I'll tell you what, seeing how you have multiple saws that are useless since you can't figure out how to fix'em, I will sell you my NOS HDA199a for $195.

Too high? It's called supply and demand :rock:

I got a back up carb just setting on the shelf. Was for my ported 346's and 357 using 199's. None of which I own anymore.
It isnt a 199 but works just like one with same specs and manufacturer. I think Mike has one on a ported 346 and I told Randy about them way back when too. :msp_wink:

Lean on idle or can't accelerate through to WOT? Does that have 2 or 3 idle inlets?

Just a little stutter off idle now.

It has a single idle hole under the welch plug........the transition holes are feed from the metering bowl thru brass dohickys.

I'll get it fixed........it just needs a bunch of fuel.....

Yeah, you'll fit in.......stick around.

Just a little stutter off idle now.

It has a single idle hole under the welch plug........the transition holes are feed from the metering bowl thru brass dohickys.

I'll get it fixed........it just needs a bunch of fuel.....

Yeah, you'll fit in.......stick around.

That actually sounds promising...

I'll tell you what, seeing how you have multiple saws that are useless since you can't figure out how to fix'em, I will sell you my NOS HDA199a for $195.

Too high? It's called supply and demand :rock:

Sorry Mike, all of my 7 saws run except one 254xp built from spare parts with a carb that is too small, and I have this bubbling 199 that would do the trick if it worked properly.
I have thought about picking up a 346xp next time Im in Maine, if the prices are better than they are here. Do you know how much they go for down there. Maybe I could find a place to get it dirty, then tell customs that it is just my old saw I brought down to help out my buddy Mike cut up his winters wood.:msp_wink: The local dealer up here wants $800 tax in. Funny thing is, he wants the same price for a 555. I dont quite understand that one.
As most 2 stroke addicts can understand, I need more saws.
husqvarna saws, 570, 254xpg, 357xp X2, 445, 51, and the 254xp franken saw. plus one 54cc Dolmar and a donated homelite 42cc. Can you guys explain to my wife that I need more. Oh yah, my brother is donating 2-372xp next time I go down. They are both smoked by some of his employees so I will have some projects for the winter.

Sorry Mike, all of my 7 saws run except one 254xp built from spare parts with a carb that is too small, and I have this bubbling 199 that would do the trick if it worked properly.
I have thought about picking up a 346xp next time Im in Maine, if the prices are better than they are here. Do you know how much they go for down there. Maybe I could find a place to get it dirty, then tell customs that it is just my old saw I brought down to help out my buddy Mike cut up his winters wood.:msp_wink: The local dealer up here wants $800 tax in. Funny thing is, he wants the same price for a 555. I dont quite understand that one.
As most 2 stroke addicts can understand, I need more saws.
husqvarna saws, 570, 254xpg, 357xp X2, 445, 51, and the 254xp franken saw. plus one 54cc Dolmar and a donated homelite 42cc. Can you guys explain to my wife that I need more. Oh yah, my brother is donating 2-372xp next time I go down. They are both smoked by some of his employees so I will have some projects for the winter.

Bout 500 bucks...
PM TK...

He's a sponsor and a MAYNUH....

My apologies, though I was speaking more to the contingent who think Scott should give away his hard earned knowledge for free. Like this guy.

If I were closer, or even in the same country, I would have just shipped mine to Scott by now, but the cost of the shipping would be more than the price of the fix. It would also sit at customs forever, potential to get lost, etc... I'm sure he will not loose much if any business by reveling his secret on this one. Many will still send their carbs, even if they know how to fix it themselves. Now his secret about cold fusion...thats a different story. Thanks for the tips Scott. I hope to get some time soon to try and put all of your tips together without ruining my carb completely in the process.

Or this guy, who wants a personal tutorial for $12.50.

As said, If I were closer, he would already have fixed mine, but due to distance, I will not send it. So he never had my business to loose. However, if he wants to send me the full fix details, I would be happy to pay for the info. I never complained about his price, but what it would end up costing me for the round trip would not be worth it to me. Tell you what, I will buy my own carb kit, do the work myself, pay Scott $12.50 for the info, and agree not to post the fix on any forum and not us the info to fix anyone's carbs other than my own. Scott would then make more because he saves his own time.

I think you're right, you'll be way ahead of the game to just buy a new carb. What's your well thought out plan for when that one goes bad? Keep throwing new carbs at it? That sounds like a real money saver. :D

Yah, thats why I said I would need to pick one up in Maine (The closest state to me) and get it dirty before bringing it back. We have become familiar with paying much more for stuff than those south of the boarder. Just like we pay more than people in the US, for natural gas and gasoline that comes from here. No sense in crying in my corn flakes, but I can buy more saws and take it out on some trees.

I'd love to help but 346's are a thing of the past. Sold out a while back. Ordered enough last year before they were discontinued to scare myself, shoulda doubled it. Oh well.

My apologies, though I was speaking more to the contingent who think Scott should give away his hard earned knowledge for free. Like this guy.

Or this guy, who wants a personal tutorial for $12.50.

I think you're right, you'll be way ahead of the game to just buy a new carb. What's your well thought out plan for when that one goes bad? Keep throwing new carbs at it? That sounds like a real money saver. :D

I surly don't NEED to explain myself to you, but for the sake of interest of those sitting back watching the show. If you knew me at all you would know that last poke holds no weight. Growing up, I've made things run again that full time small engine mechanics gave up on. Out of need or fun, many times, I've made chicken soup out of chicken sh**. Trial and error taught me as much as my mentors, and I lost count of the number of dirt bikes, mopeds, lawn mowers, weed wackers, and chainsaws that I've pulled out of the trash and made run just fine. I was the one that all of the poor kids came to for bike repairs. I started at 6yrs old when I bought a Z50 that was junk. My older cousin and uncle gave me tips and help, but that got me hooked on making things work. I put myself through motocross for years growing up with the cash that all of that trash paid for. I was my own mechanic with very little help and enough times my pieced together bike blew by those brand new ones that others parents bought them. Once I hit 14yrs old, I worked cutting pulp wood and firewood when I wasn't in school.
I haven't bought a new carb for my latest project and don't need to. I will fix this one or find another, but I'm of a mindset to know what value is and am not about to send my carb about 8000kms round trip and pay more than the carb is worth with shipping to get it fixed. I'm certainly not poor, but I still don't have more money than brains. If you think sending it would be the best option for me, then maybe you do. Come to my garage and you will see, I don't throw parts away. I will use them someday. All that I have learned has shown me to ask questions and keep trying when I get stuck. Can those that keep giving me jabs in the ribs tell me one more time how your infinite wisdom is much better than mine. Shame on me for asking how to fix something in a thread on how to fix the exact thing that I'm trying to fix. I have so much shame.:smile2::cry:

This is fun, next.

Oh yah, Treemonkey, how much do you want for the info.

Latest posts

Back