Walbro WT Rebuild and TK Spare Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conquistador3

Le Comte de Frou Frou
Reaction score
A few months back I rebuilt the Walbro WT424-1 on my Echo PAS-2400 multitool powerhead using a genuine Walbro kit. I also replace the fuel lines, tank grommet and fuel filter. Ordinary maintenance for a ten year old powerhead which saw heavy use and was starting to have some fuel issues under load.

I make no mystery I don't like Walbro WT's as they are almost as finnicky as Zama's to rebuild but this one has been a nice piece of work so far.
After far more fine tuning than I'd liked I finally managed to have it running just right. The problem remains cold-starting: it really struggles to turn over when cold.
Any suggestion on what to try is welcome, as I am not paying what a brand new WT costs.

Also... does anyone happens to know if there's some source for TK carb rebuild kits except Shindaiwa? The local dealership won't see me again so I need a source to rebuild a T450 carburetor I bought used last year.
The brushcutter is in great overall shape but it was stored with fuel in it for I don't know how long. It now runs well but is starting to show some high load fuel issues which will warrant a carb rebuild over the next few months.
I haven't rebuilt a TK carburetor in a decade so all the help i can get is welcome.

Back