Walker muffler 346xpg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know the plastic limiter caps could be pulled off. I've always heated up a mini screwdriver and melted the wings off.

Tuning the carb is one facet that I've never gotten fully proficient at. Once you remove the limiter wings and get to futzing too much, it's possible to have no idea where you're at, or how to get back to where the low and high are within a half-turn of perfection. Is there a guideline such as, 'turn the H all the way to the right as far as it will go, left two full revolutions.....' in other words, starting from scratch with a clean slate, zeroed out or whatever? How to get to the starting point?

I thank you all for your contributions.

Tree Machine said:
..... Is there a guideline such as, 'turn the H all the way to the right as far as it will go, left two full revolutions.....' in other words, starting from scratch with a clean slate, zeroed out or whatever? How to get to the starting point?......
Such guidelines tend to be in the user manuals. ;)

well i must say i like qatanilson's MMW346xp ,,, hmm would really like to get mine worked over like that :p
5 hp approx ,,, not bad at all ,,,
thanks far all replies so far :blob2:

SawTroll said:
Such guidelines tend to be in the user manuals. ;)
The reason I ask is because the users manuals don't address removal of the limiters. In the manual you have a factory preset carb, and the limiters keep you within one revolution of that setting. The 'owners manual' works from there. Besides, I'm a guy; I don't read the instructions.

My question is, if the limiters are removed, and you screw up the settings by cranking the one, two or all three settings way out of whack, how do you get back to 'point zero'? How do you know how to get back to the factory setting, or close to it?

We've got the world's best, right here, able to answer this question

Walker?
Neiger?
Dozer?
.... the list is extensive, c'mon, out with it.

Tree Machine said:
The reason I ask is because the users manuals don't address removal of the limiters. In the manual you have a factory preset carb, and the limiters keep you within one revolution of that setting. The 'owners manual' works from there. Besides, I'm a guy; I don't read the instructions.

My question is, if the limiters are removed, and you screw up the settings by cranking the one, two or all three settings way out of whack, how do you get back to 'point zero'? How do you know how to get back to the factory setting, or close to it?

We've got the world's best, right here, able to answer this question

Walker?
Neiger?
Dozer?
.... the list is extensive, c'mon, out with it.
The original setting is around 0ne turn on each needle adj(Lo and HI).You gonna be close at this point .The T adj is done to bring only RPM up and down at idle,so on this one you go by the RPM you need at idle to keep the saw running idle speed.

HiOctane

If I want to document my initial carb setting I pull the caps off,
make a mental note where the slots are in relation to a clock, turn them in/down VERY LIGHTLY until they hit the seats and make another mental note where I ended up in relation to the clock setting, write this down.

IE; the high speed jet was 1 & 1/4 turns out and so on for each adjustment.

I then know my initial starting point...from there you adjust accordingly and reach you desired adjustment, put the caps back on and your done.

Good luck. I was a bit nervous the first time but you get the hang of it in time.

Looking at the manual is this a typo?:

"If the high speed jet is set too rich (H-jet screwed in too far) the machine will over-rev and this will damage the engine"

Shouldn't that be too LEAN?

Blowdown1 said:
Looking at the manual is this a typo?:

"If the high speed jet is set too rich (H-jet screwed in too far) the machine will over-rev and this will damage the engine"

Shouldn't that be too LEAN?
Looks like a typo to me too.

Don't think i need to cut limiter caps of it seems like i can adjust enough anyway :)

/Kristoffer :dizzy:

Those moments make me wonder if I know what I am doing (along with plenty of other moments!). The maker says "x" but I swear it should say "y".

Latest posts

Back