walkerized 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but a saw that cuts the fastest cookie almost never equals the ultimate work saw.
Not likely it would. They mainly cater to hardwood cuting & doing the same thing in four different size saws. Nessesity is the Mother of invention. Thats great when you drive up to a yard & 'field your closer', an 088 to low stump a 4' oak.
That's all good but I don't have a use for that but I fall in the minority, It's a good service to be available to us. That saw and that style of a build is very 'one demential' though. The majority of consumer has choice in multiple sizes.
The building style has changed dramatically, building styles used to be more suited for the one saw does all.
It's the majority of consumer that keep it that way. Like I said, it's from the majority that can drive up to the wood and pull out different size saws for different activities of that job. If a builder builds a medium ' one saw does all' and it's a solid saw and good in all areas for say a good falling saw for me. For every one guy like me that can appreciate the performance ability to do a falling job quick overall there would be 10 on here that would say it lacks torque compared to Blah Blah. Hence the buzz of the internet, If a builder dosen't need to be on here for business & isn't interested in any social interaction then he would have to be certifiable to be on here. I would say 10 time out of 10, the saw with the max torque in a medium saw wouldn't have enough 'balance' therefore it would be less comfortable and a slower all around saw in the felling & limbing in the softwood world.
Mike Lee said Simon's saw lacked torque in the 372 build off and the only reason he got fourth was because the luck of the draw in the wood. He said Terry's was stronger because he had them both in this hand. Well I don't doubt him one bit.
Simon claimed on here he was getting 8.2 HP out of it on a single ring saw. But they will always say it's lacking...lol
It was a very solid well rounded coastal Falling saw.
One thing I would have to admire about him is he was able to enjoy himself it seemed on here and not get caught up on things that would bother most of us.
That saw he sent was brand new and not even broken in and tuned up yet either.

Dude I want you to try this 372 and let me know when you think... Best throttle response on any saw I've held and great top end too!

i am an XT fan :) seems like a real long drive to try out a saw though lol hold onto it for a few months. i'll buy it off you when i get a rate increase. or sell it to Jamie and i'll try it next time it's on the island lol

Not likely it would. They mainly cater to hardwood cuting & doing the same thing in four different size saws. Nessesity is the Mother of invention. Thats great when you drive up to a yard & 'field your closer', an 088 to low stump a 4' oak.
That's all good but I don't have a use for that but I fall in the minority, It's a good service to be available to us. That saw and that style of a build is very 'one demential' though. The majority of consumer has choice in multiple sizes.
The building style has changed dramatically, building styles used to be more suited for the one saw does all.
It's the majority of consumer that keep it that way. Like I said, it's from the majority that can drive up to the wood and pull out different size saws for different activities of that job. If a builder builds a medium ' one saw does all' and it's a solid saw and good in all areas for say a good falling saw for me. For every one guy like me that can appreciate the performance ability to do a falling job quick overall there would be 10 on here that would say it lacks torque compared to Blah Blah. Hence the buzz of the internet, If a builder dosen't need to be on here for business & isn't interested in any social interaction then he would have to be certifiable to be on here. I would say 10 time out of 10, the saw with the max torque in a medium saw wouldn't have enough 'balance' therefore it would be less comfortable and a slower all around saw in the felling & limbing in the softwood world.
Mike Lee said Simon's saw lacked torque in the 372 build off and the only reason he got fourth was because the luck of the draw in the wood. He said Terry's was stronger because he had them both in this hand. Well I don't doubt him one bit.
Simon claimed on here he was getting 8.2 HP out of it on a single ring saw. But they will always say it's lacking...lol
It was a very solid well rounded coastal Falling saw.
One thing I would have to admire about him is he was able to enjoy himself it seemed on here and not get caught up on things that would bother most of us.
That saw he sent was brand new and not even broken in and tuned up yet either.

i was gonna say they cater to firewood cutters but same thing lol great post. this is the difference. guys online MUST get the exhaust down on the 660 and 390. they feel there is no other way. maybe there isn't for cutting cookies :D now that the exhaust is down OMG that intake is low. now their stuffing it with epoxy. no thank you

i was gonna say they cater to firewood cutters but same thing lol great post. this is the difference. guys online MUST get the exhaust down on the 660 and 390. they feel there is no other way. maybe there isn't for cutting cookies :D now that the exhaust is down OMG that intake is low. now their stuffing it with epoxy. no thank you
Lmao
Stuffing the case? or for R&D on the head

Lmao
Stuffing the case? or for R&D on the head

it's not R&D, that is how they've come to do it. lol it's sick i know. they don't use it on the exhaust, just to get the intake back up. it probably works but seems like alot of unnecessary BS. like i said, ran a few saws from down south. not one of them handed the walkers saw it's ass in the wood here. alot of walkers 390's in this world only got a muffler but the ones that got ported, unlimited coil, and tuned to 14.2k are absolute animals. i know of many with 2-3 years production cutting on them at that tune and they still run great!

i am an XT fan :) seems like a real long drive to try out a saw though lol hold onto it for a few months. i'll buy it off you when i get a rate increase. or sell it to Jamie and i'll try it next time it's on the island lol
Yeah I think it will be a great work saw... I'd rather have great mid range in the cut then 20,000,000 million RPMs in the cut. Lol

it's not R&D, that is how they've come to do it. lol it's sick i know. they don't use it on the exhaust, just to get the intake back up. it probably works but seems like alot of unnecessary BS. like i said, ran a few saws from down south. not one of them handed the walkers saw it's ass in the wood here. alot of walkers 390's in this world only got a muffler but the ones that got ported, unlimited coil, and tuned to 14.2k are absolute animals. i know of many with 2-3 years production cutting on them at that tune and they still run great!
Lol
..yes they put out a nice 390, a good 372 will hang with it with a 36' in Cedar. You won't get the longevity out of the 372 bottom though in big wood all the time. I'll pull the top end in 7-10 months and put the new XT top back and covers and sell it for cheap to put towards my new saw.

It's Timmy tool time, or is that tinny tim'
or tinny Tool .lol
What's with the change of user names John? Just wondering bud?

Now which do you not prefer ^^^

Research & Development (R & D) were you joking?

he wasn't joking, John is a cull and lives where he lives because he's not cut out for the streets of anywhere else. John has lived in BC, he got took for his last .30c by another street dweller and had enough. he was foolish to think he was gonna share his last cigerette. apparently they are considerate of each other up north. him and a few band together and do shows on the street with their hats laid out on the ground. the show is pretty budget though. i think they're trying to be like trailer park boys. he told me they usually bring in enough for the day old bread at the bakery so he's livin' anyways.

nice to see you again John.
Do you Pick fire Morels John. The Yukon soil produces like crazy. In the carmax.
I would like to go up this year
Ya, lots of morels in the Carmacks area, come on up and see the Yukon. Stop by and we'll have a few.
I've never picked morels before but @westcoaster90 has cause he says there's more $ in shrooms than there is in being a firewood hack. He uses his 038 Mag to fall them. Lol.

Lol

I can get a buddy to get me maps of the fires up there from last summer. If there is boat access would be good or fly inn.
They grow in carpets up there. Rookies can do $500 a day

Latest posts

Back