walkerized 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh with all the timber faller chainsaw drama! We know you carry a saw around all day long up and down the mountain. It needs to be lighter than the last saw because it hurts to carry it so far, and you need it hopped up to compensate. It needs more grunt for pulling through the back cut you say? It needs more chain speed for bumping knots you say? Let's brow beat good builders for trying.

Oh with all the timber faller chainsaw drama! We know you carry a saw around all day long up and down the mountain. It needs to be lighter than the last saw because it hurts to carry it so far, and you need it hopped up to compensate. It needs more grunt for pulling through the back cut you say? It needs more chain speed for bumping knots you say? Let's brow beat good builders for trying.

you should post a pic of all the cookies you cut this year :D you probably cut more then me actually but mine require horizontal cutting and have 150-250' chunk of cookie. once it's on the ground it's a tube of ready cookie. it is then flown to a barge pick up where it is transported to a cookie mill. these guys are no normal cookie cutters though. they play dangerous and cut full length cookie slabs. once they are stamped and palleted they are then sold and transported to the states because of the low dollar and then you go to home depot to buy lumber so you can build a saw buck to support a log to test your cookie cutters in. lol sorry Jim. not sure what came over me. just had a few beers and saw your post thinking about cutting cookies. nothing against you. i'm gonna be producing some ready cookies tomorrow. if my saw was lighter and faster i might be able to produce a little more then the next guy. or the same cause he's better then me :laugh:

you should post a pic of all the cookies you cut this year :D you probably cut more then me actually but mine require horizontal cutting and have 150-250' chunk of cookie. once it's on the ground it's a tube of ready cookie. it is then flown to a barge pick up where it is transported to a cookie mill. these guys are no normal cookie cutters though. they play dangerous and cut full length cookie slabs. once they are stamped and palleted they are then sold and transported to the states because of the low dollar and then you go to home depot to buy lumber so you can build a saw buck to support a log to test your cookie cutters in. lol sorry Jim. not sure what came over me. just had a few beers and saw your post thinking about cutting cookies. nothing against you. i'm gonna be producing some ready cookies tomorrow. if my saw was lighter and faster i might be able to produce a little more then the next guy. or the same cause he's better then me :laugh:
So let's talk aboot this for a second here. I run a repair shop and I fix saws for a living. I use the test logs to assure I'm not sending out a saw that isn't tuned properly. Something you should appreciate.

So let's talk aboot this for a second here. I run a repair shop and I fix saws for a living. I use the test logs to assure I'm not sending out a saw that isn't tuned properly. Something you should appreciate.

damn straight i appreciate it. never said you didn't know what you were doing! just ****'n around really.

Are you ridiculing me Jim?..I think I know the answer.
{ "Let's brow beat good builders for trying". ) You realize if I try in my job and fail, I get killed? Sarcasm, but true.
I have complemented builders that are/were on here and otherwise as I did in my post. I have the courage to change the things I can.
I brings forth awareness and I will continue to when the opportunity presents itself.

I except the things I can not change & that's the fact that a pro Faller (one saw does all/ multi activities) is a minority and many saw builds are not optimal for me.
A definition of a good work saw is within the beholder.
Moreover; in regards to your response to Shane about 'we' should appreciate the fact that you do YOUR job correct by putting heat into customers saws before they go back to a costumer. That dosen't confront us on here? That's your reputation, that's your income, that's your responsibility to yourself. Appreciate yourself and the fact one mechanical blunder won't change the course of your life or end it. Do you appreciate the fact we could be killed for the paper you wipe your azz with? No you get on here and riducle and misquote. Appreciation is not expected, not even when I'm fighting fires. I get paid for my services too.

Bumping knots, power for backcuts and slandering builders, didn't exist in my post anywhere.

Most power is needed in rip's (milling planks for Heli pads & separating trees growing together & 45% angle cuts and greater., "chasing the back cut". is your words.
Fallers don't bump knots (branch collars)
That's not a sidehill job, that's a dry Sort job for export logs which would be determined by a log scaler. Nobody is sure the hell not paying Faller rates to do that. Someone on a dry Sort is more versatile as to the weigh of saws they may us as well amount of saws due to location.
Fallers limb three sides if safe to do so on heli.
Not always on Large diameter on conventional, just a path for your tape measure and walking. The low branches have mainly shed due to the aging process anyway.

Are you ridiculing me Jim?..I think I know the answer.
{ "Let's brow beat good builders for trying". ) You realize if I try in my job and fail, I get killed? Sarcasm, but true.
I have complemented builders that are/were on here and otherwise as I did in my post. I have the courage to change the things I can.
I'm brings forth awareness and I will continue to when the opportunity presents itself.

I exept the things I can not change & that's the fact that a pro Faller (one saw does all/ multi activities) is a minority and many saw builds are not optimal for me.
A definition of a good work saw is within the beholder.
Moreover; in regards to your response to Shane about 'we' should appreciate the fact that you do YOUR job correct by putting heat into customers saws before they go back to a costumer. That dosen't confront us on here? That's your reputation, that's your income, that's your responsibility to yourself. Appreciate yourself and the fact one mechanical blunder won't change the course of your life or end it. Do you appreciate the fact we could be killed for the paper you wipe your azz with? No you get on here and riducle and misquote. Appreciation is not expected, not even when I'm fighting fires. I get paid for my services too.

Bumping knots, power for backcuts and slandering builders, didn't exist in my post anywhere.

Most power is needed in rip's (milling planks for Heli pads & separating trees growing together & 45% angle cuts and greater., not "chasing the back cut".
Fallers don't bump knots (branch collars)
That's not a sidehill job, that's a dry Sort job for export logs which would be determined by a log scaler. Nobody is sure the hell not paying Faller rates to do that. Someone on a dry Sort is more versatile as to the weigh of saws they may us as well amount of saws due to location.
I didn't start the generalized insulting that led us to this point.

That's no excuse, if that was direct to me.
Which I am most certain it was.
What you said I said, is not accurate.
There was many compliments to builders in my post.

Anyway Jim, have a good day
Talk to you later

Getting back to the best saw to use is the one that can cut faster than a tree can BC if an unintentional dutchman is left in.
I'm confused as of late as to how a thicker ratio of oil causes a leaner setting. If it does, isn't it just a simple matter of adjusting H? If in fact 32:1 causes a leaner setting does it increase rpm since exceeding rpm causes the lean setting?

Awesome thread
Yes on the 32 to 1 will be leaner and raise the rpm up .

Back