• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Wanna buy a newc20 inches Husky.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gryschwein

Reaction score
Need to equipped a new 20 inches chainsaw. When asking about 372XP Husky, the shopkeeper recommends a 445. He said 3 series is old model line. If you guys could gove me any good suggestion?
Thanks!

Need to equipped a new 20 inches chainsaw. When asking about 372XP Husky, the shopkeeper recommends a 445. He said 3 series is old model line. If you guys could gove me any good suggestion?
Thanks!
Welcome to Arborist Site.
Are you in the States?
If you are only looking for advice, then we should get this moved from the trading post(a place were guys buy and sell saws).
As others have said, there's a big difference between the 445(farm/ranch saw with a plastic case), and a 372(which is a pro saw).
Depending on the wood species you're cutting and how large of pieces the 445 with a 325 chain would cut it just fine, but if it were me I'd want at least a 50cc pro saw or something with 4hp or more if I planned on cutting much at all (more than a cord a yr) and cutting 12" wood or larger on a normal basis).

I'm a collector, and I have well functioning saws ranging from 30cc to 137cc but 90% of my cutting is done with a Husqvarna 550XP set up to run 3/8" pitch, round filed, full skip chisel chain, a 7 tooth sprocket, and a 20" bar. The saw handles that combination nicely in Douglas fir, black oak, maple, and madrone--in fact, very nicely. I also have a 562XP with the same sprocket/chain combo on a 28" bar and it does very well with that setup, but the great majority of the wood I cut is under 24", so I don't need it very often.

I'm a collector, and I have well functioning saws ranging from 30cc to 137cc but 90% of my cutting is done with a Husqvarna 550XP set up to run 3/8" pitch, round filed, full skip chisel chain, a 7 tooth sprocket, and a 20" bar. The saw handles that combination nicely in Douglas fir, black oak, maple, and madrone--in fact, very nicely. I also have a 562XP with the same sprocket/chain combo on a 28" bar and it does very well with that setup, but the great majority of the wood I cut is under 24", so I don't need it very often.
Is that a 550mk2?

Welcome to Arborist Site.
Are you in the States?
If you are only looking for advice, then we should get this moved from the trading post(a place were guys buy and sell saws).
As others have said, there's a big difference between the 445(farm/ranch saw with a plastic case), and a 372(which is a pro saw).
Depending on the wood species you're cutting and how large of pieces the 445 with a 325 chain would cut it just fine, but if it were me I'd want at least a 50cc pro saw or something with 4hp or more if I planned on cutting much at all (more than a cord a yr) and cutting 12" wood or larger on a normal basis).
I'm not from states, usually we working with the saw for cutting from 400 to 1m DBH. Well, 445 sounds not really what we want. 572 should fit our needs !
Thank you!

If you don't have good dealer support get the 372xp. I don't have issues with autotune/ mtronic carbs, but they do have problems from time to time. If the dealer doesn't know how or want to work on them then your screwed. 372xp still had a manual carb you can work on yourself.

If you don't have good dealer support get the 372xp. I don't have issues with autotune/ mtronic carbs, but they do have problems from time to time. If the dealer doesn't know how or want to work on them then your screwed. 372xp still had a manual carb you can work on yourself.
We have a mighty handyman in the team, it may not be a big problem.
Thanks

It is a mark 2. I couldn't remember, I had to go look lol.
3/8 x 20 should be a great runner in that wood.
3/8 x 20 square does great even on the 2252, just need to tune the chain well. This saw just has a muffler mod, more aggressive than I'd want for anything larger than this size. I should pull this saw out, it hasn't been ran in a while.

We have a mighty handyman in the team, it may not be a big problem.
Thanks
Unless he has access to the dealer only software it may be a problem down the road. Even having to replace a carb it needs programed and you need access to the husqy dealer site to download the program to the carb. Hence my If your dealer isn't proficient with the newer saw tech then skip over it. Doesn't matter how handy you are when you don't have access to proprietary diagnostic and programming tools. The issues don't happen frequently, but an issue can happen and if you don't have the support you need, your just S.O.L.

Personally I wouldn't touch a 445 if the choices were 372 and 445. Thres a fellow who has those 372s dialed in to a T if you decided to get it ported and that would take a 20 even stock like it didn't even notice it, ported a whole new animal I know guys who run 28 to 36 on those without a hitch. 445 if suggesting from a dealer is because they want to make a sale only

There’s a night and day difference between the 455 Rancher and a 372XP. The 372 will deal with just about anything you have to cut, and works great with shorter and longer bars. The 372 is a smooth running saw that I have never once regretted buying. The 455 is a crap saw by comparison in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back