want to mod a 2100...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take the muffler off, cut a hole giving about 3/4 of a square inch area in the front, put a screen over it if you want, clean out any metal filings, richen up the LS and HS jets as required.

Here is one I did a while back. This is on a race saw though. It wouldn't be good for a work saw unless you want to burn your knuckles when you turn it side ways. I also cut out the center and removed the baffle and welded it back. I was out of Argon when I did this so thats my ugly stick welding.
HPIM0845.jpg

that is the most awful mess i have seen in a long time . you should send your work north

Like I said, I had to stick weld it (no argon). Also, that is the first thing
I ever arc welded in my life, it was more of an exercise than anything. I didn't really care if it was pretty anyway, the saw is uglier than the weld. And my arc welding has gotten better too lately.

But I didn't say I couldn't weld sheet metal, these pipes, chain guards, and back handles haven't fell off yet. The Yamaha wasn't finished in this pic but has been since. Both saws are very very fast and were not sent north.
HPIM1650.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back