Warhawk 288 cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronie

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post some pics of the cylinder I just received. I've got a 288 project that I'm going to start working and saw that the Warlock cylinders were on sale, I thought I'd get one and do a little grinding. It came yesterday and the plating is all messed up. I've seen a couple of threads about them and I thought they would be a little better than your average white box cylinder but the one I got must have skipped quality control. I'm not saying that all there cylinders are bad, just the one I got. I do have an OEM cylinder for the saw but don't want to grind on it until I try some timing changes on a cheap cylinder. I ended up ordering a Hyway cylinder that was more than I wanted to spend but at least they are on sale this weekend.

KIMG0300.JPG KIMG0297.JPG KIMG0296.JPG

send that biatch back ronie. i used one on a 55, the plating was slightly better than yours, but ports were even rougher. it still runs and cuts, but not on par with oem.

send that biatch back ronie. i used one on a 55, the plating was slightly better than yours, but ports were even rougher. it still runs and cuts, but not on par with oem.
I've asked them for a return number. They are pretty good guys over there and I'm sure they will take it back. I was just amazed at how bad it looks.

I had an 026 kit that I had to do some clean up on to be able to use it. Playing was good tho. When all done it ran very well. Ordered an 046/460 Stihl kit and that kit is nice with no issues.
That’s been my experiences with the Warhawk P/C’s.

Back