Was a nice weekend in central Michigan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmboss45

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I work 4, 10 hour days, so friday was a good day for the woods. I had a big red oak that came down in a july storm, plus 2 half tops in 2 other big ones. Got all of that cut up, plus an old red oak I thought was wasted, it looked rotten and the pilated woodpeckers had it full of holes, but after the first three inches, it was hard as a rock, and a big ash. I have not burned any red oak, 2 years sound right for dry time? I am going to stack it in rounds out in the woods on pallets and leave it for now. Had a scare with my 441 though, for the second time in 2 months, it spit the plug out in mid cut, WOT!!! I decided not to mess around and ran it in the dealer, he said someone had replaced the plug and buggered the threads up a little. For 75.00 he will pull the jug, fix the threads, hone it, and retune it. Figured it was worth it, I bought it on ebay for 620.00, 1000.00 to replace it new. Today I got the ash all split, hauled and stacked, good thing as it will be a while before things dry out enough to get back on the yard or my lane to the woods. The oak can wait. Rain day tomorrow, so in the shop I will be, cleaning and sharpening my 029, and what ever else I can find to keep my out of the wifes way for the day.:msp_tongue:

Back