Wasted money!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kitchen matches are found in grocery stores in the picnic/paper plates/ aisles. They are in every store out here. They are not rare or obsolete.

But the real "strike anywhere" are rare, at least around here. Most of the ones in the stores you have to use the red P on the box to get them lit.

The Amish store 20 miles from here always carries the real "strike anywhere" matches.

Two bucks at Menard's.

(your choice of decorator colors)

Philbert

View attachment 333864 .
Exactly all I use. but I only build a fire two or three times a season. As long as i have some red coals, I can get it started without a match. Thor on a little saw dust, some bark chips and splinters from the wood splitter, open up the drafts wide open, shut the door, give it a few minutes and start thowing on the big stuff.

Just a few bucks, and I'll get it back when I take this piece of junk back to Tractor Supply.

A couple weeks back I bought one of these thinking it'd be great for lighting the stove.

image_86.jpg

Bernz-O-Matic is a pretty good name, should be a decent product, right? Not a chance. On "High" setting, it needs a lighter to light it, ain't windproof either, a drafty window will put it out, and basically sucks to operate anyhow with the dual buttons of safety. The only thing that works as advertised is the little LED light in it, and that ain't real bright either.

http://www.bernzomatic.com/item.html?id=86

Just a heads up to anyone contemplating making this mistake.

I have had two of these things.....and you are absolutely right.....it's a POS. Very unreliable, it lights when it feels like it. They keep dropping the price at Home Depot on this item, I saw them selling for $2.97 recently.....still not worth it.

Latest posts

Back