Water in the woods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i keep a good ol' nalgene bottle handy.

i've had the days where i've gone through 6L of water

one day last year i was riding the kx125 on the hotest day of the year with a bunch of freinds and fell from heat exastion broke my hand since then i have my camelback every where i go if its over 80.passed out last week from the heat.just finished buckin a log too.

Be careful with heat strokes, not everybody wakes up every time. They are hard on the body and can cause accumulated damage, especially later in life.

one day last year i was riding the kx125 on the hotest day of the year with a bunch of freinds and fell from heat exastion broke my hand since then i have my camelback every where i go if its over 80.passed out last week from the heat.just finished buckin a log too.

You need to be especially careful of the heat. Once you have a heat related problem you are far more likely to have another incident.

One good measure if hydration is urine. Your urine should be CLEAR. No tint to it at all. Thirst is a very poor indicator of dehydration. Once you become thirsty your body is already starting to get dehydrated.

I agree with keeping the water in the cooler to promote taking breaks but from my experience if you have to stop what you are doing to walk over and take a drink many people will just put off taking a drink until they are ready to take a break.

It is when you stop sweating you should start to worry. Sweat is the body naturally trying to cool itself off. Keep a cooler near the gas n oil, It drinks I drink. I stop sweating I stop and take a serious break, grab a snack (usually fruits & veg.). Conducting a self evaluation on what the next steps are and if its time to get going.

Working smarter to live longer, be safe.

Be careful with heat strokes, not everybody wakes up every time. They are hard on the body and can cause accumulated damage, especially later in life.

You need to be especially careful of the heat. Once you have a heat related problem you are far more likely to have another incident.

One good measure if hydration is urine. Your urine should be CLEAR. No tint to it at all. Thirst is a very poor indicator of dehydration. Once you become thirsty your body is already starting to get dehydrated.

I agree with keeping the water in the cooler to promote taking breaks but from my experience if you have to stop what you are doing to walk over and take a drink many people will just put off taking a drink until they are ready to take a break.

Good info fellas.

I'll take my 90° - 100° temps and high humidity here in Mississippi in the sumer since that means I don't have to deal with that white stuff in the winter.

I like the snow. I don't like the sometimes extreme cold that comes with it from where I'm from (Edmonton). I'd like to live somewhere between here and there where it snows and it's just cold enough for it to stay for a while; and where there is a lot milder summer regarding the humidity. Anybody live in such a place? :)

Kevin

Thanks for reminding me that I have one. I wouldn't use it cutting, I'm always by a road. But, I'm a forester and we're having a heat wave--70s up in the snow and I could have used it yesterday. I was reconning a unit which is due to be logged soon, and replacing the boundary flagging. I ate an orange before setting out and did fine. The snow is too icky to eat.

Latest posts

Back