Way-cool pawnshop find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I normally bleed yellow and black, but that one made me drool...

Really nice find. Keep it locked up or Crane will come looking.

Mark

Duuuu....DU Duuuuuu...... DU D.D.D.D.D.D.D.D.D.DD.D.D.D.

That is a great looking 660. Not often you see them with the original paint in that great a shape. Great find, love the styling from those 60's era saws.

Get out your earplugs. I have a Super 770. Probably the loudest saw in my collection, and I have some noisy ones. A real hoot to run, but your biceps will be burning about the same time your knuckes are white. Then you can go in and "pretend" not to hear the Mrs. for the rest of the evening....:cheers:

and HOW, will that change anything???--shes probably accused you of that for years!!!!!!!!! :):)

Those old Remingtons are definitely contendors for World's Loudest Saw. I got one of those 660s too in real nice shape. Need to pull it out and see if it runs one day....

Today's find -- $175 out the door:

DSCN0768.jpg

It's filthy, BUT -- it came with a practically-new Oregon bar:

DSCN0772.jpg

A PNW clutch cover:

DSCN0774.jpg

A VERY nice bore:

DSCN0796.jpg

And a muffler I don't think I'll bother to mod:

DSCN0789.jpg

Also, I have a few questions. This thing is obviously a pretty early 026, as evidenced by the front chain tensioner:

DSCN0780.jpg

And the tiny air filter:

DSCN0778.jpg

so is this baffle box era-correct?

DSCN0790.jpg

Thank yez, thank yez, that last one is the same 036 PRO I've been tinkering with forever that just beats a stock 044. Legend has it that a bit of work to the upper transfers is more than worth the effort. Once I get that 026 how I want it I'll probably be turning back to the 036... because the Dolmar and the Huskys are already right.

Back