Way too early in the year for this crap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one will be fun when it comes time to cut it up. I'm allergic to poison ivy and not too thrilled to tackle this mess.. The County road crew cut this white oak stub at the edge of my cherry orchard. Its covered in poison ivy vines. Looks like a pissed off porcupine.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow! I'm not super allergic to PI, but that one is a tree I wouldn't even bother with.

That looks like the kind of tree that you could be covered head to toe in clothing and you'd still get some bad PI. Lots of luck with that one.

owbguy,

It looks nasty.
I would get an atv and take it to your place and just keep it off the ground until all that crud drops off it.
Bet two years in the sun and the bark and ivy are all gone.

I hate, HATE poison ivy. I look at it and I get it. I swear I can sense it in the air. My dad was able to roll around in it and not have so much as an itch. Not fair. He was never reactive to bees either. He could get stung and it was less benign than a mosquito bite. If I get stung by wasps or yellow jackets I puff up and have to consider using an epi-pen. Anaphylaxis in the woods is not my idea of fun.

owbguy,

It looks nasty.
I would get an atv and take it to your place and just keep it off the ground until all that crud drops off it.
Bet two years in the sun and the bark and ivy are all gone.

its sitting between my orchard and the county road. my dad told me I better get it out of there before someone snatches it... I looked at him like he was from another planet. No one is going steal that mess. Seriously! :ices_rofl:

I may put a chain on it and drag it further back away from the road before some drunk hits it and sues me.

owbguy,

Well before you tow it i would play some soft music and lift carefully.
Porcupines tend to throw less quills when you handle them gently and have a musical ambiance. LOL

Back