Weekend Report 12/19 - 12/21

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What did you slackers get done?

Rebuilt an 064 - a good cleaning, crank seals, even painted the recoil...looks too new - just waiting on a roller chain catcher to finish it off. A solid old saw!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Put a wrap handle on my 660 and lined up the muscle for a poser shot...

attachment.php

Looked at my 372XP and polished off a couple cold ones by the woodstove.

attachment.php

went through my stash of parts and bars, took some pictures of stuff I can part with. Check the classifieds...

Delivered a couple cords of wood. Split another cord or so. Cut up a big fallen cherry with the 441.

And most importantly, played with the kids for a good while.:)

the spikes in the first pics are medieval looking!

all i managed was changing out a 20" for an 18" on the 361. heck, it practically changed itself what with the self turning bar nuts and all!:)

nice fleet of saws you have there!
:cheers:

Last edited:
Nice 372 Fourpaws!
I only ran two saws this weekend 262xp and 346xp. Had a small sugar maple to cut down. Gave the wood to a family in need. I must be getting soft cause I love to horde firewood.:cheers:

Baked cookies
Stayed warm
Drank some Whiskey
Ordered my new pair of boots
Looked out the window and griped about the snow and
hoped it will be gone next weekend

the spikes in the first pics are medieval looking!

nice fleet of saws you have there!
:cheers:

Thanks. The spikes are pro-safety brand from Bailey's. They are borderline obnoxious - probably about right if you are running a 36" bar in big timber.

Nice 372 Fourpaws!
I only ran two saws this weekend 262xp and 346xp. Had a small sugar maple to cut down. Gave the wood to a family in need. I must be getting soft cause I love to horde firewood.:cheers:

Thanks! I see you are a Husky man from your signature. I prefer the 2xx series saws, but figured I had better get a 372 before they are FINALLY gone. I had a 385 for a while and sold it. Wouldn't mind trying a 390XPW

Cut and split sugar maple and white ash treetops.
Built a firewood rack for my parents.

Baked two mincemeat pies for a family taste test. Cross & Blackwell beats Borden Nonesuch filling--no contest!

Got a new motorcycle project....cb400f rat rod project. Got it to pop but wouldn't stay running. Weather is prohibiting me a bit for doing stuff outside, but I did split some apple wood I have had some stacked for quite some while. I am not used to temps in the teens and 30 to 40 mph winds.

Packed on the hardcore winter gear and went out half a day yesterday and most the day today with 2 friends and cut a bunch of dead hedge out of a CRP grass pasture a farmer piled up 2 years ago. It was 5 degrees below when I fired up the 361 at 7:45 this morning. Used the 028super, mostly the 361, and used the 044 for a decent sized hedge that was about 18" diameter. Now Im tossing chunks of it in the fireplace as fast as it can burn it, and drinking cold Budweiser. DANG its cold, we look to have a white Christmas! 5" snow still on the ground and 2-4 expected Tuesday! :cheers:

Well yesterday it was pleasant outside so I went Christmas shopping and washed the truck and took my kids to have dinner with my folks while my wife was out with some of her family.

Today I did verrry little, it was hovering around freezing all day. My lovely bride bought me a proper shop lite for my shop so I got that installed, cleaned up the workshop, and got all the saws put up for he season.

Also, word is out now with all the neighbors that I can fix two stroke engines so I've got a project to fix for money and another coming I will fix for free for a friend. Both late model Poulan chainsaws and both just have dirty carb issues as far as I can tell so far.

Here are some pics of a fairly clean workshop, workbench, and a row of dormant saws. Before anyone asks, the Wal Mart bags are just to keep dust off, there are ventilation holes to keep them from collecting condensation.

3127070062_022bac88db_b.jpg

3126240159_bca011e9c0_b.jpg

3127071312_ebfc45b079_b.jpg

Drank some beer, pushed some snow around, watched the snow fall, drank more beer, puttered in the garage, watched the snow fall, burned a lot of wood. :cheers:
Dok

lol, that sounds like my day... except for the snow...

and the wood burning

Latest posts

Back