weekend score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ-Bill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well the wood scrounger in me kicked into gear today. They're starting to do some logging in behind the house so Friday night I took a drive out just to see what was going on. On the way out the logging road I noticed that they knocked over a 18" Birch when they widen the road. I've seen this happen before and always say oh I should get that and when I get around to going out someone has always beaten me to it. Well no this time.. I grabbed the dogs and headed out this morning and grabbed abit. There's is still lots left and a few large poplars and a smaller maple.

imgp9586ix9.jpg

imgp9591ls8.jpg

imgp9604it8.jpg

imgp9602ox5.jpg

TJ-Bill's Birch

Hi TJ
I like those pics of the bark peeling off the way it does.Makes me want to make a moose call out of it,t he thing is I bought one from CT not a bad product and it worked great.Hey is there any moose in NB.I know most of the other provinces have them ,but not sure of the maritimes,only know Newfoundland has a lot.
Lawrence

I used to love cutting those white and gray birches when I lived in Connecticut. A neighbor asked me to help him clear a big old one down in his back yard. Believe it or not, the bark was just over an inch thick!

I had never seen birch bark that thick before. Most of the time it looks like the bark in your Pics.

Latest posts

Back