Weird or Unusual things in/on saws/pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know how that goes. Before the place I was techin for closed there doors I started silicone up filters since no one would clean em. Replace filter not so much crud got through and it was running like a champ again. Only saw them guys could not kill was a old partner broke handles snapped the kill switch used choke to shut down ran no filter on 1 job site. Spark plug looked like crap literally

Were they like these?20141114_083949.jpg20160215_065248.jpg It's about time for a new phone. My camera lense is scratched up. Makes the pictures opaque.
A buddy of mine in VA sent me all his Partner stuff. One coil I had to take back off a cutoff saw because it was unlimited. Must have originally been on a chainsaw, because at WOT, I tach'ed it at 13,200 rpm! I've never ran a Partner chainsaw, but I bet the chainsaw version of this 4.7hp powerhead would really be a runner. The closest thing I have is a 62-14T (P62 Pioneer powerhead) that I am converting to a chainsaw. It's 98cc's. I found the dealer who has all the remaining Target "Quickie saw"parts.

20160308_075310.jpg 20160308_075346.jpg 20160308_075255.jpg K760 Husqvarna crankcase anti-crack bolster anchor.

This apparrently worked, as
the crack is closed up.

Between about 2008, until when they came out with the K760 II in 2013, these saws all cracked along the lower muffler attachment anchor point. The cracks would radiate up into the crank bearing pocket on the pto side. I never saw a crack cause a crankcase leak, but I'm sure if the saw wasn't "deathed" from something else first, it eventually could.

The bolt has an allen head so it can be tightened. The rear part is a step bolt that has been chopped off, then the head is drilled and tapped with 5m threads through the side. It's hard to see, but there's a cotter key drilled through the bolt and through the case to retain the bolt, as the hole is not tapped.

I lost the pictures but I was given a Stihl 021 that had been shot by a .22 rifle. It had a hole in the pull start, a broke flywheel fin, a hole in the cylinder and a nick on the piston skirt. The bullet didn't go all the way the through but i didn't find it in the saw. A 025 parts saw later and I had the 021 running, The recoil starter still has a hole in it from the bullet.

A minor repair but I still found it amusing. Orange surveyor's tape used to seal a fuel cap.

DSC03766.jpg

I lost the pictures but I was given a Stihl 021 that had been shot by a .22 rifle. It had a hole in the pull start, a broke flywheel fin, a hole in the cylinder and a nick on the piston skirt. The bullet didn't go all the way the through but i didn't find it in the saw. A 025 parts saw later and I had the 021 running, The recoil starter still has a hole in it from the bullet.
I got a whole storage unit full of trimmers and blowers once. The owner was going to the pokey for drug possession. I noticed later that a trimmer had a bullet hole it. Good shot.

Ah,
The elusive early edition 051AV"CC" (Cookie Cutter) .

Milling saw chip ejector Mod?
I will guess that the nut came loose the all the clutch goodies started a grinding session.
All while cutting a big stump.
Been there, done that.

Just didn't do it so many times that it drilled a hole in the cover.
Probably didnt realize it until the saw died because the oiler gear spun outward creating a massive air leak, and the saw died.
I've never seen an exhaust exit like that one. I've worked on some pre-1974 ones too.
Nice saw.
Just duct tape a vacuum hose to it. Lol

Back