Well Crap.........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like them or not, those tabs actually protect the oil cap in the cuts and when sliding around in the back of a PU. JB Weld would fix it though. Heck of a bargain if anyone is looking for a Randyfied 362 Mtron.
X2. Us some of that stuff you use in the 661 cylinders. Shape, paint...fixed.

cant find the pics but i received one from the warehouse last fall that someone had ported the recoil/crankcase with a forklift. Wasnt much left of the saw but they took the time to open the box and push it back out and tape it up so nobody would notice till a dealer opened the box and pulled the saw out.

May i ask how much you'd be willing to let that go for in that condition? Got a buddy lookin for that model and can relay the info, plus its ported by the man himself, he'd probably jump right on it!

EDIT: I'd do the old fixin myself, as is would be fine with him im sure

My 460 has a crack started in that same place . I mended it to stop the piece from falling off . But now for the question ... Does anyone know where to get paint that matches the paint on the case ? TIA

It could be rebuilt with a TIG... Slowly!.....Do one pass let it cool completely, then another pass and so on, I'd do this before the brake becomes contaminated.
Then grind it back to its original shape......I can give you the number of a guy that's handy with a grinder.

At this point I just want to say, that's a bummer.

Also slap on the back to the Husky guys for not starting to gloat. You know, all the husky guys sitting on their hands while they read this thread with smug grins on their faces, practically dying to have a dig at a design flaw on a modern Stihl pro saw...

In before the 'BA again?'

:buttkick:

Back