Welsh plug sealant

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bilge Rat LT 20

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What is the best sealant to use?
They are supposed to seal with proper installation but that doesn't always work.
Nail polish is hit and miss.

Where can i find a good theory of operation and repair manuals for Walbro?

Thanks

NEVER use sealer - even the factory sealer from Zama has become a service problem with the "new gas".

Just place the welch plug in the hole/recess, and tap it lightly on top with a suitably shaped punch to distort it. (you may need to grind one if you don't have a zama/walbro tool kit) Tap it too much and you'll make it loose...

Blowing compressed air not recommend in newer carbs -they have internal NON-replaceable check vaves that get damaged.

What is the best sealant to use?
They are supposed to seal with proper installation but that doesn't always work.
Nail polish is hit and miss.

Where can i find a good theory of operation and repair manuals for Walbro?

Thanks
Youtube, www.walbro.com, google good information sources

Youtube, www.walbro.com, google good information sources

Finger nail polish is out these days, new gas additives react with it according to the Walbro guys. You might try running a brass bristle brush in the cavity and follow with carb cleaner. A good metal to metal seal should not leak. "Seal All" is a readily available compound that meant to seal gas leaks. That might be the best bet for a sealant in metal to metal is failing.

Just rebuilt a Zama carb off an Echo 4600. The sealant (factory) had dissolved,clumped and choked the carb inlet screen. No more sealant for me.

Back