Went for the first ride today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brush Hog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well I popped my cherry on the first tree job. Went off without a hitch aside from rental equipment problems:angry: . Cut the canopy and went for a ride:rock: . No amusement ride would compare. Looking forward to my next tree job. Made more coin than I do in two months of mowing and happy that I'm giving that up for the trees.

i would keep mowing and landscaping going for a while.

the market is crowded here right now.you can easily get underbid until you get a reputation built up.clean up is key here.most people we do it for are shocked that we clean up at all.many don't.
don't bury yourself in equipment financing.there are a lot of guys right now who got gung ho after last year and can't make their payments this year.make friends with another tree outfit and you can help each other out.it's alot safer,easier,and more dependable than hiring the dopers around here for labor.
the positive in all this is,if you can wait it out,a lot of companies will be going under in the next year or so.the prices here got inflated like the housing market and it's leveling out to realistic prices. good luck and if you are near me and would like any advice or guidance,feel free to ask.

Latest posts

Back