Wet wet fall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ-Bill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I left next years wood stacked out int he open, I was going to cover it but thought there was no real point since it was going to have all next spring/summer to dry. I'm kinda 2nd guessing myself now, we've had nothing but warm damp weather and rain.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Been plenty wet here in Pa. I got mine covered but find myself futzing with the trarps every couple days to get puddles off. Im contemplating removing the cover and just let it go uncovered until next fall.

I left next years wood stacked out int he open, I was going to cover it but thought there was no real point since it was going to have all next spring/summer to dry. I'm kinda 2nd guessing myself now, we've had nothing but warm damp weather and rain.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Yes, but I'm not worried. There's still plenty of drying time until next year's burning season. Wood still dries in the low absolute humidty of winter, espcially if you have direct sun and wind. I don't belive it dries as fast as similarly dry conditions in warmer weather, but it's still going in the right direction.

Latest posts

Back