whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bad day for a day off.
2 hours of office work and had Fleet Wash do all the trucks. Now I can enjoy the weekend.
Jeff

I was thinking about hiring them, are they pretty reasonable?

BTW, had Steve rebuild 2 more 200's, that dude is awesome!

See they started the process to remove all the Ash's at home. I can here the door knockers now, "your tree is a hazard to your health, if you don't remove it, you may get the bug. For the safety of your family, you need to remove it, and all your other trees that may get it"

Pine tree removal from today.

Ya need to get those guys some gear. Hard hats are not that expensive, climbing helmets are around 100. I prefer everyone has a climbing helmet, that way, no one is worried about looking up. They sell chin straps for regular hard hats, but they are pretty weak and can become a hazard all by themselves.

I was thinking about hiring them, are they pretty reasonable?

BTW, had Steve rebuild 2 more 200's, that dude is awesome!

See they started the process to remove all the Ash's at home. I can here the door knockers now, "your tree is a hazard to your health, if you don't remove it, you may get the bug. For the safety of your family, you need to remove it, and all your other trees that may get it"

Is the EAB in eastern Iowa? How long do you think it will take to get across the state?

these are my advertisment i use

advertisment004_zps40be7dbe.jpg

Ya need to get those guys some gear. Hard hats are not that expensive, climbing helmets are around 100. I prefer everyone has a climbing helmet, that way, no one is worried about looking up. They sell chin straps for regular hard hats, but they are pretty weak and can become a hazard all by themselves.

You are correct, i do need to get some more hard hats. To tell you the truth i HATE wearing them.

Here is my old phone book page , and the other was a mailer that did awesome right about this time of the year because of tax season , maybe I will do drop mail again
uhytabuh.jpg
2y8uqa7a.jpg

Is the EAB in eastern Iowa? How long do you think it will take to get across the state?

It was there last year, we where working with the USDA on this. We found a tree in Bettendorf that had it, we are sure, but we found it too late in the season to have live samples. We had the tell tell exit holes and the trails but no bugs or larvae. So no official finding. They are being proactive and getting them out before it gets bad.

Figures that it would happen after I leave!

The hackers will be out in force. Using scare tactics to get work.

One thing about working out here, way more pest and disease. I am learning alot. Also learning how its great to own your own business vs management in a big show. Big shows have a target on their back. Govt agency's just see a meal ticket rolling by when they see my trucks. Seems they stay away from the private guys, but chase us down with a stick. Rules and regs are a big headache on this side of the industry.

It's really hard to say how long it will take, depends on the bugs and how willing they are too travel, to get a good meal! What kills me is the product promo's. They are selling treatments that are not 100% effective. So they are dumping chemicals that may or may not work. Nothing like polluting on maybe. My clients wanted to know about this, I recommended proper nutrition and water. Enjoy them for as long as they can, then remove and replace, but not with all the same tree. Diversification of their landscape is a huge help. Too many people, who lost their elm's, replaced them with all ash. So now, after they remove all their ash trees, they will have property's with no trees. If they had multiple species instead of one, they would still have some shade!

Never mind ........ The bigger pain in my ass went over there sniffed her (prolly thought the same thing as me ) she popped up bit in er In the jowl and took off ...... LOL
8a8e8aqe.jpg

Phone book did good for us when we had one. I droped it 4 years ago when we got a big City contract for mowing. Dont have that contract any longer so i might have to go back to the fone book. Pic Of truck full from the summer before i painted it.View attachment 278448

Latest posts

Back