whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
001-42_zpsa9595d54.jpg

I woke up this morning trying to think how I am going to pay for this thing so I drove around looking for more crap to buy for it. Came back with a 20 dollar set of seat covers and a 43 dollar hook for the winch from Grainger then called some clients and said," AHS NEEDS MONEY!" So far, so good. They said they were happy to hear from me.:msp_confused:

Is that a 1ton?

I bought that 2010 white 2500 cummins I was looking at last week. I cant wait to see how it pulls the dump trailer full.

Sure, why not? I used my 1/2 like a 1 ton and my 1 ton, well, I plead the fifth!

The truck in the pic has an emblem that reads '2500' whatever that means.

Most of the trucks I was looking at that had the clearance lights were 3500's. It must be an option for 2500 too.

I bought that 2010 white 2500 cummins I was looking at last week. I cant wait to see how it pulls the dump trailer full.

That was a nice bit of truck:rock:

They are really buliding these trucks today for flash. Yer a nobody if you don't have a grille the size of Texas.

I can't wait to haul my chipper into some yards either. I have a good one coming up where I am bound for some scratches.

I was doing a fun job with the old Goose the other day. Out in a cornfield then in the woods on a rocky little trail rigging trees to pull over.

That big red hook is a little comical but that is what they had with a big weight rating and its fat so it won't bend the ropes to bad, it'll hold a double bowline nice and is sure to allow a clove hitch to come apart easy enough.
There is a hole in the hook for a clasp but no clasp. The guy said I have to buy that separate but couldn't find one. That kinda sucks but I can always use a shackle too.

Fun day today playing in the creek. To start off the day we almost fell through a driveway with our little crane. Iwas standing there going over the game plan with the bossman and was like is my truck sinking? So i pulled up about 4 feet so we could put plywood under the tires i was like 3 inches deep! Yikes! Good thing it was a county job... We can basically do anything short of tearing down a house to get to the debris jams in the waterways... I love pulling on #### having no clue how big or what its snagged on cause its buried under 10 tons of crap atleast when my backside out rigger is a foot of the.ground i can set it back down :msp_scared:

Found a dead raccoon thankfully you could still tell what it was last time we found an animal it was a big blob pretty sure it was a deer

My 2500 didn't have clearance lights but I too have seen some with them.

I dunno. This is a Power Wagon, they put a bunch of stuff on them that they don't put on your regular 3/4 ton. Its got front and rear electric lockers, electronic sway bar dissconnect and they come with off road tires. It also has skid plates galore.
This truck has a solid boxed frame. I don't know if that is standard for all of their trucks but I am a little intimidated.

The truck is a little fancier than I need. My chevy has rubber floors and gets pretty nasty, im going to have to skeep the new one cleaner.

View attachment 288094

Found a decent amount of this on the lower trunk of a big mighty Coast live oak today. Thinking of using mauget arborfos injections on this. Anyone have any luck with that product on oaks?

Hi Mike,, What are the 'targets'?
I would not treat a tree without knowing the species of fungi.
BTW,, an injection is a 'wound'.
Jeff :)

I dunno. This is a Power Wagon, they put a bunch of stuff on them that they don't put on your regular 3/4 ton. Its got front and rear electric lockers, electronic sway bar dissconnect and they come with off road tires. It also has skid plates galore.
This truck has a solid boxed frame. I don't know if that is standard for all of their trucks but I am a little intimidated.

Ya, they make them power wagons pretty bad ass!

The truck is a little fancier than I need. My chevy has rubber floors and gets pretty nasty, im going to have to skeep the new one cleaner.

Yeah, I suppose one of these days I am either going to cut the rug out or get a set of those high end custom floor mats.
Its sounds harsh to cut the rug but I think its the best thing. Everything flows down under that plastic rocker panel cover and stays there.

Ya, they make them power wagons pretty bad ass!

I kinda lucked out. I just went to where somebody told me to go and they had something I was looking for. I don't know nothing about what's up with trucks or what to get really. I didn't even want to get involved in getting a new vehicle. I am not partial to any brand either but I like a cool work truck just the same as the next guy. I am glad to be done with it and to be able to keep working with confidence.

They had a few of them on the lot when I bought my 3500 but they wanted $15k more for them then the truck I got. I am surprised that truck didn't come with the HD rubber floor mats. They came stock in my. Think the dodge ones are like $200

They sell some pretty nice rubber ones, with the ridge around them, at the big box auto stores. Like 50-60 bucks. I need to get a pair myself.

Back