whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have the "no blower" laws here too. We were in Del Mar, working a fig. All these people come up to us and demand to know what we are doing. "I'm not going to let you cut down that tree" That's great, as we where just pruning it. It kills me tho, people are so concerned with what everybody else is doing instead of taking care of their own issues. One of the ladies that came up to us was walking her dog, letting it poop in others yards, but that is ok!

We have a spot if your caught firing up a saw before 7 am they will put you in the clink lol. I can't understand some people and I once accidently forgot that rule lucky me I did not get caught!

Funny thing was though when their power is off seems that the chainsaw police have better things to do :)

Ok well off to get them fired up lol my property borders them I love to fire up saws at 6 am :)

Last edited:
I do that at times as well if im feeling like a puss. You and I both know if that lead failed you would be toast. That tip wouldnt do ****. Its a waste of time but it makes you feel a little better in the air.

At least we agree on one thing; I AM A PUSS !:msp_smile:

Used to work like " get yer ass up the tree and start cutting!!!! :chainsaw:"

Had a really good run of work the last couple of months, no days lost through injury, sickness or weather etc. Even though I only get to work a 4 day because I have my daughter fr, sat and sunday while my wife works. So I'm still on a good run with the 4 day week thing anyway, but I got my HST, workers comp, truck insurance and the 2012 ####n tax bill due this month. So the moneys all gone that I've made since xmas. Hard to get ahead, thats for sure.

A little falling clip from this week:

Jared Falling - YouTube

Got most of the tree work done on my job today, but there are still a boat load of vines to cut out. Going back tomorrow to get that stuff out of the way. Did the leaves, and part of the gutters, but still have to plant the 2 trees. Looked at a job for one of my clients, gonna bang it out quickly tomorrow. Got a picture from today, nothing great... just an end of the day shot.View attachment 288583

finally some cake lol

Home owner got me on video I love a easy job every now and then. I did two like this; one I fell got all the brush on my dump, go back monday for the logs and stumps! this is as easy as it gets for me so yes jethro it was a beautiful day :)

Last edited:
Did a little craigslist pickin today.

Saw a craigslist ad last night: tree gear for sale. what caught my eye was the 200T for 200 dollars. Nah, really? Called him this morning, He said saw is still available, but the 10' aluminum ladder is sold, and the guy is interested in the saw, but wants to look at it first. I asked if it runs he said it did. I said well if it fires it's sold. Pulled a pulp fiction, said your an hour away I'll be there in thirty. Fired up, didn't even ####er. Then he said he had another saw if I was interested, I said I'd look at it. 440 sitting in a case full of bar oil. He said it had been sitting a year and he was going to use it when he saw the oil and realized it was broke. But if I thought I could fix it he wwould sell it. 50 bucks later it was mine. Bad cap, fired on the third pull. It was a good day.

Today's late day adventure
ze5ygasy.jpg
6uryqu5y.jpg
6e9uhure.jpg

Home owner got me on video I love a easy job every now and then. I did two like this; one I fell got all the brush on my dump, go back monday for the logs and stumps! this is as easy as it gets for me so yes jethro it was a beautiful day :)

oh wow I watched dear ol ropey being taken up to the tree tops by the Rapture I just knew his good soul would find him saved:laugh:

so good to see yer fit for the task and gitin a few nice jobs lad

Latest posts

Back