whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know what this is on my sand cherries
u5uzy4u8.jpg
they were sprayed to no avail , they look healthy
rarybaqu.jpg
this is my tomorrow project after softball
6y9epapu.jpg
qydumyja.jpg
trying to get the yard in order so I can start fishing
u6uqubu9.jpg

look like leaves to me, but i could be wrong.

Traded my amish friend some firewood logs for some milling yesturday. The mill didnt want this 42" popular log because it has mineral stains, and they cant use it for veneer. We quarter sawed it and got about 450 bdft of lumber out of it. Thought we were gonna break the mill when we first put it on.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

After getting that log milled, i put the second coat of paint on the floor of my new enclosed trailer. Hopefully it drys enough that i can put the rest of the stuff in the trailer today.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cleaned out the garage today n look at what I stumbled across...... Almost forgot I had it. Almost :)
avu4yge5.jpg

I picked a 200T up friday from a customer for $250, he's an older guy. The recoil broke and the local stihl dealer just went out of bizz so he didnt wanna go thru the trouble of finding someone to fix it so he had bought a new husky at tractor supply. I was more than happy to take it off his hands, he'd never use it how its intended anyways!

Cleaned out the garage today n look at what I stumbled across...... Almost forgot I had it. Almost :)
avu4yge5.jpg

I've been picking up every one I've come across for the past year or so. Think I'm up to 6 now. None of mine are anywhere near that shiny though!

I know we are a stubborn bunch, but with the simple mods done to the 201T and a proper tune, it out runs the 200T. I don't see the purpose of hoarding 200's..

I know we are a stubborn bunch, but with the simple mods done to the 201T and a proper tune, it out runs the 200T. I don't see the purpose of hoarding 200's..
Which brings me to a question. While continuing to clean the garage I been thinking....what exactly am I going to do with it? I mean, use it now? I have two 2oot that run good for now so I guess when one needs replaced than break the new one out? No sense in just having a brand new 200 just for looking at. But then again......maybe there is. Or maybe I will just pick up a 201 this year and see how I like it and keep the 200 in reserve. Reserve for what though? At some point the 200t will be considered out dated. It will always be a classic though. I am thinking that keeping it brand new is perhaps just a waste of a fine chainsaw.

Which brings me to a question. While continuing to clean the garage I been thinking....what exactly am I going to do with it? I mean, use it now? I have two 2oot that run good for now so I guess when one needs replaced than break the new one out? No sense in just having a brand new 200 just for looking at. But then again......maybe there is. Or maybe I will just pick up a 201 this year and see how I like it and keep the 200 in reserve. Reserve for what though? At some point the 200t will be considered out dated. It will always be a classic though. I am thinking that keeping it brand new is perhaps just a waste of a fine chainsaw.

I haven't seen it with my own eyes, but some have claimed that a brand new condition 200T can fetch a grand on Ebay. Sentimental or not, I'd have that beatch up there in a heart beat for that money!

I speak from experience on the 201T mods to BTW. Complete beast when it's opened up and tuned. Whoever says otherwise simply didnt do the mods/tuning correctly.

I'm well aware as I own a modded 201t and it is my go to bucket saw. It is a beast in big wood. However it spent more time at the saw shop than at the jobsite it's first year so I still don't trust it like I do a 2hundo. Hasn't been in for a few months though so I'm starting to come around.

And I haven't paid more than $250 for any of the random 200's I've grabbed in the past year. All in full working order.

I'd probably hold onto it for sentimental/collector reasons. Thing is an icon in our industry and could be worth some serious loot someday in the future when we are all climbing with battery powered saws and power rangers helmets.

Latest posts

Back