whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put a receiver on front of truck and made up a little bracket for vise.
Also have one on chipper fender as well, but one can never have too many vices, especially when working with saw-abusing animals.

View attachment 307450

Also have one on chipper fender as well, but one can never have too many vices, especially when working with saw-abusing animals.

View attachment 307450

Yea tell me about it i show up to the job with 8 sharp saws and end the day with one and thats the one that wouldnt start... That reminds me i need to do some sharpening ughhh!

Looked at 2 jobs today, we'll see if I get either one of them. First was some minor pruning and phc type stuff, the latter was cleaning up some downed trees and taking out 2 hemlocks. Only reason I went in today was because I thought I had to watch over DF as he was supposed to finish hauling logs out of that one house today. He couldn't go yesterday because it was raining. Guy shows up this morning, HO says they don't want him there on Sunday... understandable. So I asked DF what he did with the 2 saws I had left for him? just so I knew how to get them if need be. 044 and 460 were supposed to be locked in the chevy truck each night when he left to go home. What did he do? Left them on the brand new flagstone patio under the house! I was very clear with him on this... saws stay on the grass or on the trucks, NOT on patios, and go home or in trucks every night. He even repeated this to me... so he knew. Tomorrow I will be going to a local tack store to purchase a whip. When he returns to finish on Tuesday I fully intend to be perched on a wall overlooking his work zone... "Work faster! CRACK! Take bigger pieces! CRACK! You stupid SOB! CRACK!" Oh G-d I sure hope my saws are still there, and that they didn't leak anything on this guy's patio.

View attachment 307450

Nice Dave, when can you make me one? By the way an all orange saw looks better on the front of a truck!:msp_w00t:

Never managed to get more than about two years of reliability out of the orange color, Devon, and parts/service for them things got a tad discouraging around here, so I gave up on that flavour a few years ago.

Will be happy to rig you up a hitch vise sometime.

View attachment 307450

Had to use my front hitch a week or two ago to get the chipper up a driveway. For what that thing cost, I'd say it's been a good investment.

Enjoying a little prune job in 75' weather , saw black sabbath last nite in homdel nj , and my sons 7u travel team won a tourney all a great weekend
6upuha8y.jpg
yveny5es.jpg
zypyza6y.jpg
I hope I make money this week , would be nice to clear my plate for the month or at least a good portion of it

Did a simple lawn install for a customer of mine. Nothing but kudos and a paid in full invoice up till this point She had another guy come and cut the sod we had laid down, after scraping looming, and grading. Sod had set up about three weeks. She calls me up today complaining that this guy told her we did a #### job, nothing is level etc.. So I go over there today, and there were a few spots tht needed to be lifted and filled, how this happened, I don't know. We had a compactor in there, graded with a bobcat etc. No big deal. So then she starts telling me that the natural slope bothers her. I tell her if you don't like it, we can add a three thousand dollar retaining wall at your property line and redo the entire yard. Other than that, not much I can help you with. The grass cutter also used his trimmer to hack the #### out of several parts of the lawn as well. Ughhhh....

Enjoying a little prune job in 75' weather , saw black sabbath last nite in homdel nj , and my sons 7u travel team won a tourney all a great weekend
6upuha8y.jpg
yveny5es.jpg
zypyza6y.jpg
I hope I make money this week , would be nice to clear my plate for the month or at least a good portion of it

WTH?

Where is all this 75 degree weather at?Ain't gonne see that here til late October ,,,if we're lucky.

Worked on these two poplars today. Got the one on the left done. Gotta finish the one on the right tomorrow. There's a nice drop off behind that house. I am very close to 100ft up believe it or not. Was using a 200ft work rope with very little to spare. Not much room on the ground. And I was working with a rather inexperienced crew. Fun fun. They actually did pretty good. At least they all know that they don't hardly know anything. That's a good start towards learning.
neze6u7y.jpg
asyvu7up.jpg

WTH?

Where is all this 75 degree weather at?Ain't gonne see that here til late October ,,,if we're lucky.

Even been down in the 50's-60's at night, only had the ac on once in the last 10 days or so, pretty freaking sweet.

Even been down in the 50's-60's at night, only had the ac on once in the last 10 days or so, pretty freaking sweet.

Let me make sure that all know this is meant in a friendly,joking way ,but ,,,,,kiss my ass .

If we turned off the ac for an hour ,we could probably fry an egg on the counter top.

I will be sure to rub it in this winter when you'all are buried in snow and I'm working in a t shirt.:hmm3grin2orange:

Let me make sure that all know this is meant in a friendly,joking way ,but ,,,,,kiss my ass .

If we turned off the ac for an hour ,we could probably fry an egg on the counter top.

I will be sure to rub it in this winter when you'all are buried in snow and I'm working in a t shirt.:hmm3grin2orange:

I will take the snow anyday.:hmm3grin2orange:

I just rode the bike for 2 hours with a sweatshirt on ! In August ! That isn't even funny I was cold when I should be sweating , I think the world must be close to ending :hmm3grin2orange:

I hope you just jinxed us and we get a #### ton of snow, I'll take it!

Worked on these two poplars today. Got the one on the left done. Gotta finish the one on the right tomorrow. There's a nice drop off behind that house. I am very close to 100ft up believe it or not. Was using a 200ft work rope with very little to spare. Not much room on the ground. And I was working with a rather inexperienced crew. Fun fun. They actually did pretty good. At least they all know that they don't hardly know anything. That's a good start towards learning.
neze6u7y.jpg
asyvu7up.jpg

what happened to the pictures?

Back