whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no actually it has a 6.0 with the egr, oil cooler, head gasket and studs already done. 55k on the engine
As long as it's done right. I had good luck with my 6.0 but I only ran it a year or two before it got totaled. I'm likin the Chevy now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as it's done right. I had good luck with my 6.0 but I only ran it a year or two before it got totaled. I'm likin the Chevy now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so far so good been running it for a month now no problems, I like it a lot better than my big green beast. I stained the chip box with outdoor deck stain, 4 coats.

Crown raise and deadwood on 17 Ash trees today in a mobile home park, nicest one I've been in yet. All bucket work, we have 129 total trees to do. Good $ but man is it boring, not to mention it's raining sideways.

worked in the rain.... pruning small ####.... got a stick stuck in my heater blower fan... i gotta rip it apart tmw... it sounds ###### up...

found this

Went to remove a small hedge and box elder, should have went somewhere else where wind would not be a issue. Get in, get going and the 15-20's they called for where actually 35-40's. Cut a little piece and drop it to scale the drift. Holy hell. Thing shot 25-30ft straight towards the house. Left a slick line in place and shot another in the other tree and bailed. Hopefully not much wind today and try again. Lines are set, just gotta chase'em with rope and get at it. I should be back here by 1, so that means 7:30pm since I put a time too it. I have been using my HiBall lately and man it is accurate, one thing tho, it does not pull thru a tight crotch at all. That is only good for big wide ones like a big oak, back to bags.

Surprised you didn't see that coming with the hiball thing. I lost my 8oz neon bag from sherrill, and about a third of my my zing it throw line a week or two ago. Finally got it stuck. Gotta place a small order.

This is what I just did while laughing about the other thread
asu7amyj.jpg
ururyrus.jpg
I'm such a dirty hack I hope my rope don't part pulling this beast down for a dirt nap

Better not miss with the hiball either mine hit the trunk and went 100 ft off in another direction . Best one I have is the 8oz torpedo looking thing . I haven't gotten it stuck once . But it's a nitemare to get straight in the slingshot

In the second pic you can see the wind thing. Watching the weather now and the wind is steady at 20-25 and gusts up to 40.

Back