whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any advice on when to down a Twinkie? Every salt refill? :)
I got snowballed so bad yesterday morning , I did a spin through a site and saw about 40 kids all waiting for the bus ! Well outta the back row somewhere some little bastard hit the windshield then the body no big deal ! So on the next go around I stopped because I made eye contact with him ! And He dropped his snowball !I came around and every ******* kid there even the little Hindu girl who looks like she hasn't thrown a snowball her whole life lit up the truck ....... So I stopped backed up about 150 ft past them too round 2 like a boss and took off waited til I got about 20 ft ahead of them to gain maximum speed dropped the plow am soaked with slushy brown boogy snow soaked those little ***** from the knees down ! Enjoy 8 hours of school with wet socks assholes ! I am gem ! You can learn a trick or two with me !

I don't know you ...... And after meeting you for a few minutes in May feel differently .... But for now smoking 2 packs a day in the truck stationary then breathing it all back in over night is not at all healthy .... I limit mine to one every time I start working a new spot
meparage.jpg
this is what what of my spots are turning into barren waste lands of dangerously high piles in intersections and parking at a premium
ajapy9y3.jpg
my people were so happy to see us they wouldn't dare to complain until I was done !

You are correct. Smoking two packs a day is not healthy for you. I usually don't smoke that much but the stress of snow work drives me nuts.

Still stuck at the ICU with my wife.
Not that this has to do with anything tree, but ya know, I gotta rant.
Some people have no freakin sense. I go home to cook the boys dinner and do some dishes. I get back up there and in the room is the girl that is kinda friends with my oldest son. He deals with her as she is dating one of his distant friends. Not close friends of the family, distant acquaintances that we try to avoid. We cant stand her as she is a known trouble maker, gossip girl. She brings up a youth pastor that we don't know. My wife has met him a couple times, but thats it. Think that he was her "excuse" come up. Just walks in. My wife is in one of those hospital gowns with nothing on underneath, high as hell on morphine and this little beyatch is in there asking her all kinds of personal questions. Nurses in there moving her aound, exposing her, asking her Q's, all in front of these people that have no business being there. I just about lost it and told the little beyatch off. I didnt, because I didnt want to upset my wife. She has no interest in the well being of my wife, just wanted something to run back to her "group" and run her mouth. She is one of those ultra religious types that preach about what you should do with your life (at age 18, she knows a lot right) then goes out too bars and gets hammered. Ya know, typical religious hypocrite. My son, who is in his 3rd year at college, stays civil with them, but really cant stand to be around them anymore, as they never practice what they preach. The type that piggy back off everyone else as they cannot come up with their own identity. You would think that the youth pastor would have had some sense, and recognize that they had no place being there, but I guess not. Thought that there was some sort of rule that apply's here, but I guess not, guess just anyone can go into the ICU and pop in on someone they don't know. Who does this? Nosy, fat ass, ugly, little idiot girls do.
Completely and totally, a non genuine info gathering visit. They needed info, so they know what they should do in life, as they never do something original, or have their own identity, just copy what everyone else does and then act as if they are a authority on it. This is why we stay away from them and have told our son not to bring them around. Since he is away at school, guess they felt that this was ok to poke their nose around where it does not belong.

Sorry for the rant, but that's what I did.........yesterday.
This whole experience, almost losing my wife, and it was close, has taught me one very crucial thing. We gotta quit smoking.

Still stuck at the ICU with my wife.
Not that this has to do with anything tree, but ya know, I gotta rant.
Some people have no freakin sense. I go home to cook the boys dinner and do some dishes. I get back up there and in the room is the girl that is kinda friends with my oldest son. He deals with her as she is dating one of his distant friends. Not close friends of the family, distant acquaintances that we try to avoid. We cant stand her as she is a known trouble maker, gossip girl. She brings up a youth pastor that we don't know. My wife has met him a couple times, but thats it. Think that he was her "excuse" come up. Just walks in. My wife is in one of those hospital gowns with nothing on underneath, high as hell on morphine and this little beyatch is in there asking her all kinds of personal questions. Nurses in there moving her aound, exposing her, asking her Q's, all in front of these people that have no business being there. I just about lost it and told the little beyatch off. I didnt, because I didnt want to upset my wife. She has no interest in the well being of my wife, just wanted something to run back to her "group" and run her mouth. She is one of those ultra religious types that preach about what you should do with your life (at age 18, she knows a lot right) then goes out too bars and gets hammered. Ya know, typical religious hypocrite. My son, who is in his 3rd year at college, stays civil with them, but really cant stand to be around them anymore, as they never practice what they preach. The type that piggy back off everyone else as they cannot come up with their own identity. You would think that the youth pastor would have had some sense, and recognize that they had no place being there, but I guess not. Thought that there was some sort of rule that apply's here, but I guess not, guess just anyone can go into the ICU and pop in on someone they don't know. Who does this? Nosy, fat ass, ugly, little idiot girls do.
Completely and totally, a non genuine info gathering visit. They needed info, so they know what they should do in life, as they never do something original, or have their own identity, just copy what everyone else does and then act as if they are a authority on it. This is why we stay away from them and have told our son not to bring them around. Since he is away at school, guess they felt that this was ok to poke their nose around where it does not belong.

Sorry for the rant, but that's what I did.........yesterday.
This whole experience, almost losing my wife, and it was close, has taught me one very crucial thing. We gotta quit smoking.

Glad to hear your wife is doing better. ICUs can be very stressful places for family and patients. My wife's a nurse and tells me all kinds of stories. I also agree with you on quitting smoking. Nothing good is going to come of it.

I think the trick for me when it comes to not smoking is to not make a big deal out of it. The less I talk about it the easier it is. When I was younger and trying to guit I told everybody and talked about it all the time and couldnt get past two days. My dad said he quit a couple hundred times before it stuck, so never quit quitting!

Snowed again this morning.

Gonna be 45 or so later, almost 70 by end of the week. Will be a nice break, hope it snows some more next week.

I hate snow removal. I think I would rather go broke than do snow removal. I cringe every time the weatherman puts up blue bars on the hourly weather report.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...l&unit=0&dd=0&bw=0&AheadDay.x=50&AheadDay.y=7
BTW: this is the BEST place to get your weather reports. You will need to figure out how to get the hourly report for your area.​
  • I think it costs more in repairs and damage to trucks than I can afford.
  • Salt always runs out when you need it the most. If you have lots of salt, it is almost a guarantee of more snow NEXT season, and a balmy winter now. The best way to get it to snow early any given year is to ignore all the equipment and leave it parked in the weeds until mid-December. Start winter preparations early in October to assure a bad season.
  • You never get enough sleep: stay awake long hours watching for when it is time to go to work, then stay up for another 24-48 hours doing the work. If you count on an employee to watch for you, you will wake up to 4" of snow.
  • too tired...can't do billing now... Later?
  • All my guys screwed up their paperwork and I cannot figure out who did what. I'd fire them all, except these are the only guys I can get to come in at 3:00am and work in the cold.
...Damn. I just can't make myself quit the habit. Year after year, I come back to my nemesis. Maybe it has something to do with not having any tree work in the winter.:(

I must be doing something right though. I didn't call a single customer this winter to make any sales or seasonal plans. Not one quote to anybody for snow removal, either. They all knew I would be there when the snow came down. I got calls from several large government facilities to go to work, no questions asked. Just..."When can you start", and "send us the bill." They must hate snow removal as much as I do.

Shovelled our roof off for the second time this winter.
Flooding was bad up here last year. Could be epic this Spring.

I hate snow removal. I think I would rather go broke than do snow removal. I cringe every time the weatherman puts up blue bars on the hourly weather report.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...l&unit=0&dd=0&bw=0&AheadDay.x=50&AheadDay.y=7
BTW: this is the BEST place to get your weather reports. You will need to figure out how to get the hourly report for your area.​
  • I think it costs more in repairs and damage to trucks than I can afford.
  • Salt always runs out when you need it the most. If you have lots of salt, it is almost a guarantee of more snow NEXT season, and a balmy winter now. The best way to get it to snow early any given year is to ignore all the equipment and leave it parked in the weeds until mid-December. Start winter preparations early in October to assure a bad season.
  • You never get enough sleep: stay awake long hours watching for when it is time to go to work, then stay up for another 24-48 hours doing the work. If you count on an employee to watch for you, you will wake up to 4" of snow.
  • too tired...can't do billing now... Later?
  • All my guys screwed up their paperwork and I cannot figure out who did what. I'd fire them all, except these are the only guys I can get to come in at 3:00am and work in the cold.
...Damn. I just can't make myself quit the habit. Year after year, I come back to my nemesis. Maybe it has something to do with not having any tree work in the winter.:(

I must be doing something right though. I didn't call a single customer this winter to make any sales or seasonal plans. Not one quote to anybody for snow removal, either. They all knew I would be there when the snow came down. I got calls from several large government facilities to go to work, no questions asked. Just..."When can you start", and "send us the bill." They must hate snow removal as much as I do.
qebu7e8a.jpg
um this gets returned that day from my guys ! I pay off of these if there ****ed ..... Your pays ****ed until they un**** it ! Grown men who can't write in/out xs for sites ! I wouldn't tolerate that period ! I am doing billing now 4 events just under 20 K I will take that any winter and all the trucks are fine cleaned and unplowed ! My most costly damage was a broken light and plow it's just snow !

Latest posts

Back