whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DR. P. Proteus

DR. P. Proteus

Addicted to ArboristSite
You farmer guys must do a lot of lawn tire repairs....either that or just lay down some rows of corn in em lol.

Yeeeeeehaaaawwwww (picture me in my straw hat, bib jeans and corncob pipe) yeeeeeehaaaawwwwww

I thought it would be hard on lawns and such but really no worse than anything else. Actually not bad at all, very tame. I would almost say its the best in that department.

Used to be on crews that would bring a big ass articulator... at the end of the day the hand tamper would come out and a fat load of good that thing would do.

If it wasn't to wet the machines didn't sink.

The guy I used to work with had two biguns: One with a bucket, one with forks.

With the Dingo, as well with the tractor, it leaves tread marks which, if their is a complaint I toss a little seed down and tell them to wait for the next rain.

Of course I have plywood but only use it when really needed.

luckydad

luckydad

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I was kinda interested in a grapple like that at one point, but never really looked into it. Is it a pita to switch back to the regular bucket? I like being able to just pull the two pins to swap between bucket and the forks.
It's no problem to change buckets out, it's got a quick attach just like all the skid steers have so you can use all those attachments.
gajaba2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OLD OAK

OLD OAK

TREE KILLER
I think the tires are actually filled, not sure with what but I think more than air. Whatever is in there seems to be fine, the tractor is a few years old, been sitting in a garage most of the time but the tires seem to have the right pressure though I haven't checked.
The rear tires on my tractor are filled with water. I did not know that when i bought it ( used ) Its a old Ford 4000 52 hp diesel , use it for bush hogging only. No front end loader.

DR. P. Proteus

DR. P. Proteus

Addicted to ArboristSite
The rear tires on my tractor are filled with water. I did not know that when i bought it ( used ) Its a old Ford 4000 52 hp diesel , use it for bush hogging only. No front end loader.

I thought the calcium and other additives were to keep the tires from leaking down or getting flatspots and as a anti corrosive and was a necessity. I didn't realize it was for weight.

What is it, powered calcium?

I worked in a shop years ago and made dumbells out of tires and metal filings from the brake lathe.

treevet

treevet

Addicted to ArboristSite
I thought it would be hard on lawns and such but really no worse than anything else. Actually not bad at all, very tame. I would almost say its the best in that department.

Used to be on crews that would bring a big ass articulator... at the end of the day the hand tamper would come out and a fat load of good that thing would do.

If it wasn't to wet the machines didn't sink.

The guy I used to work with had two biguns: One with a bucket, one with forks.

With the Dingo, as well with the tractor, it leaves tread marks which, if their is a complaint I toss a little seed down and tell them to wait for the next rain.

Of course I have plywood but only use it when really needed.

usually works out with just 2x 4' by 4' by 3/4 inch plyboards to pivot at the piece and pivot at the dumptrailer if nec and schit is soft.

dbl612

dbl612

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I thought the calcium and other additives were to keep the tires from leaking down or getting flatspots and as a anti corrosive and was a necessity. I didn't realize it was for weight.

What is it, powered calcium?

I worked in a shop years ago and made dumbells out of tires and metal filings from the brake lathe.
calcium is about as corrosive as it gets when it leaks out of the tube. eats the rims to hell. as an alternative that is not quite as heavy per gallon, used anti-freeze works great an can be picked up at most lube centers. also beet juice is another option. has all the plusses- heavy as calcium chloride, non corrosive, and non toxic to the environment if you have a tire failure at a custys property.

treevet

treevet

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have always been sorry when I left stihl top handles and come back. And I have done it many times since mid '70's. Sachs Dolmar, Echo, Husky, Poulan, McCullough, Homelite, etc.....Good luck but keep us posted. Any mods being done?

treevet

treevet

Addicted to ArboristSite
my 461 being ported and modded next week and getting a light 28" bar with it. Would rather have the 25" but it is not a "light" bar and the 28 weighs less. I got 3 440's with 24", 2 361's with 20", and I got a 32 on the 660, a 36 on the 088 and a 42 on the 090, plus a schit load of bars leaning on the wall.

luckydad

luckydad

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
nice, outlifts my Dingo by around 1k but I am way lighter on the turf. Prob quicker and more agile as well. Smaller helps too.
In your area probably, but in my area this is the way we roll big and not as heavy as your thinking, oh and in wide open places. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts