whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent a few hours yesterday stumbling around the jobsite looking for the keys. Just can't seem to get it together.

Crap, today is the third rain day this week. Im thinking I dont have shingles. I been reading about it and dont have any other symptons. Last friday I was doing a big mulberry and it had a vine growing up the trunk with thorns and the guy I was helping said it was poison oak. I noticed this rash on my neck Monday afternoon and seen the doc tues morning and it is about the same. I read about poison oak and it does say a rash could show up a few days after contact. Do any of you guys know about poison oak and what the rash looks like and how to treat it?

I love putting my crane in peoples yards we "dead wooded" this decent size willow that is crapping out but we couldn't damage any of the remaining lower growth so here we r.... Not the one at rear of truck its back by the shed
ypyry9ut.jpg

Dingo blew her motor. God dammit. Just shy of 3k for the replacement and labor. That includes a fresh exhaust and manifold. I've heard rumors before, but the people I talked to at various shops said anything over 1k on the kholer is running on borrowed time. And here I was thinking that I ran it with oil too low, or otherwise ****ed it up on my own.

Dingo blew her motor. God dammit. Just shy of 3k for the replacement and labor. That includes a fresh exhaust and manifold. I've heard rumors before, but the people I talked to at various shops said anything over 1k on the kholer is running on borrowed time. And here I was thinking that I ran it with oil too low, or otherwise ****ed it up on my own.

Sorry to hear that. How many hours did it have?

I have a 25hp kohler with 3,000 hours on it ... It blows blue when I fire it up but it's on full synthetic now , but 3 K I can get ya that engine cheaper then that , my buddy just did a 30 on a 60" tractor for 2200.00 and that was exhaust as well seems high man

I have a 25hp kohler with 3,000 hours on it ... It blows blue when I fire it up but it's on full synthetic now , but 3 K I can get ya that engine cheaper then that , my buddy just did a 30 on a 60" tractor for 2200.00 and that was exhaust as well seems high man
I have no doubt it can be found for less. But I'm just too busy just to be dicking around at the moment. This shop has serviced the machine, has the engine and all related parts in stock, is local and can get it done right away. At this point any additional down time will cost me more than a few hundred bucks I'd save on a motor. If it was the dead of winter. I'd probably feel differently about it. I appreciate the offer though. So thank you

On a happier note. There is a secret mod put out by stihl for the 201t that includes a new flywheel, ignition module and carb. I am one of the first one's to have it installed and all I can say is this is how the stihl engineers designed this thing to run in the first place. First few cuts at the shop and I'll put this up against my 200t all day. The guys at the shop were like WTF is this thing when they first ran it as it was the first one they did....

I sent my 201T to Brad and it kicks ass now
Yeah, but this was free under warranty even though I've had the saw since it first came out; something special for stihl customers that bitched enough about the gutlessness of the 201t. I just got a new saw for nothing.

Yeah, but this was free under warranty even though I've had the saw since it first came out; something special for stihl customers that bitched enough about the gutlessness of the 201t. I just got a new saw for nothing.
hopefully stihl will listen to their customers complaints and remedy their design problem. thats what keeps customers.

hopefully stihl will listen to their customers complaints and remedy their design problem. thats what keeps customers.
I believe that stihl knew this was going to be an issue from the get go but did it anyway for emissions. This is clearly a well thought out mod that is the remedy for the gutless performance of early model stock 201t saws. I had the lame carb and exhaust port done and it didn't work for crap. This kit did the trick, comes direct from stihl, and it is already on back order according to my shop.

Just ordered a new T540 from treestuff. No shops had one around here. Was tempted on the Stihl cause that's all I have but even the rep I saw in the spring was kind of leery to talk to me after I said I heard they run like ****.

Today I did a lot like 25 yards of chips and a lot of pine wood . 100 or so trees same site and I got 11 done ..... So I'm really bangem out like a rock star .....
ba3amega.jpg
nyhu9uga.jpg
volcano mulching ... Real high and awesome like

Just ordered a new T540 from treestuff. No shops had one around here. Was tempted on the Stihl cause that's all I have but even the rep I saw in the spring was kind of leery to talk to me after I said I heard they run like ****.
Make sure it's not an early t540 or you're going to be taking it apart to reattach the fuel line in about a week.

Back