whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a bird, it's a plane! It's super groundman!

Who here can say they haven't taken a ride or given somebody a ride, we'll not quite that nice of a ride....had a guy fly about 20 ft. to the trunk before.

I don't know who I am but that is some funny **** right there! I am sorry, I suppose but at least I ain't the one singing " Superman" to it... well I wasn't.

Mostly it was me giving rides cause I know when to let go BUT one time I was instructing and had on a new pair of rubber gloves, told the guy to take a couple wraps off he takes em all, the friction built up enough heat to make the already grippy gloves stick to the rope and up I went.

Well!!?? Wtf happened!!??

Another mutt in the wall part 64 thousand.

Kid's dad dropped him off, I say kid like 31 is kid, I must be old but probably the same age as you.

Within 2 minutes I got THE STORY, the same story , the story, the same ****ing story. Of course that was before the questions and even before we rounded the first corner which is only about 100 yards so that says something right there Jesus!

But its not a joyous job being a ground mutt , the guy did do the job I gave him, nothing major, I wouldn't leave the ground with him below me and considering I would leave the ground with no one that again says something but I already know the guy is no tree worker but we will see.

He is suppose to get his DL back next week and if I really heard correctly it has been over ten years without it but to really know the REAL STORY one would have had to live it.

But hey, what can I say? When I was a kid I would steal yer car... just for the **** of it too! Yeah, drive it around, pick up girls with it, put some gas in it, put it back for next weekend.
That was if I liked you, if I didn't I would just blow it up.

I feel the tree work I do is the penance I pay.

First three times I didn't even see that guy!!! LOL

My take is that they were just farting around on the ground instead of all getting on the rope and holding it fast.

I tend not to rely on human power alone to hold things fast. SCREW THAT! No, I usually make an anchor for any sort of odd pulls like that one.

Not sure if there was any kind of cut on the back leaning dead pine top. It just may have broke, I would have said " broke unexpectedly" but it really does seem like something to expect so I gather the groundforce was lacking and inattentive.

Makes me grin when I think what OD would have done to those guys.

don't know why my replays are screwed up but ill try again. for repair cut off damaged tube and braze or silver solder a piece of steel brake line or hydraulic tubing to existing fitting and you will be good as new..

We were going to use stainless instrument tubing, but the fitting is in the same shape as the tube; it is rotten.

I called a dealer in Arkansas and a new one is being shipped to my door for cheaper $ than I can order one at the closest dealer to my house and drive an hour to pick up when it arrives.

Straight up nightmare getting all this stuff through the tiny opening in that stone wall, but pretty simple for the boys now. Just hope I can get the chip ark out without destroying it once loaded. IMG_20140904_102404_222.jpg

Truck all lettered up and ready to go wreck some trees tomorrow. Well not really trees, more like brush and yard debris I need to haul away from these rich people's house. Gonna hopefully use the grapple to load it all and that way I don't have to take a second truck and trailer.
aa2b35ad53b6f4a223982814bee24ca7.jpg
8ff7423ecff612f80bb6948e31108057.jpg
98c5f738a32880369cb6c9ae40491c2f.jpg

Truck all lettered up and ready to go wreck some trees tomorrow. Well not really trees, more like brush and yard debris I need to haul away from these rich people's house. Gonna hopefully use the grapple to load it all and that way I don't have to take a second truck and trailer.
Load that thing up and take it to the scales! No your limits

Yard debris!!?? Yard debris!!?? Isn't that sort of thing typically handled with the conventional stoner and one ton type deal?

Yard debris!!?? Yard debris!!?? Isn't that sort of thing typically handled with the conventional stoner and one ton type deal?
Well being they are paying me 4k to clean it up and it shouldn't take more then a day. They have there landscaper there to baby sit me and to make sure I don't mess up any of his priceless pieces of art.

Well being they are paying me 4k to clean it up and it shouldn't take more then a day. They have there landscaper there to baby sit me and to make sure I don't mess up any of his priceless pieces of art.
Your going to love that grapple! You will learn how to load it up.

My neighbors ash tree started dropping leaves a few weeks ago but mine look great. I have noticed some other ash trees around that are dropping leaves too. Any one know what might be causing it?

Back