whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been having those problems on my 150xp almost since brand new day 1 too. Dealer couldn't figure it out but they were new to bandit too. I've always used grease on those rails like it says in the manual, will have to try a lighter spray lube and see how it works.

You sure there's not a piece of wood or something stuck up above the feed wheel? You checked the keyways?
That's what I thought a wood chip lodged between the slide box rails but can't see a damn thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember having problems with hyd pressure on my old chipper once.. can't quite remember, was something about a block where you adjust the pressure, and it losing adjustment. Something like that. Just another thought if the lube doesn't work and its not a bad keyway.

Mine has a little box on the valve body that changes the flow rate which changes the power the infeed rollers have .... A lot like a quarter turn is huge

Mine has a little box on the valve body that changes the flow rate which changes the power the infeed rollers have .... A lot like a quarter turn is huge
Yeah that was the problem before.

I just lubed the slide box good but nothing changed so I took the pressure screw out inside the control valve, clean it and set it a bit stronger. I also tensioned my slide box springs to the max, seems to be working now. I notice when I look inside the slide box there was debris up in it. It seem the only way to get it out is take the whole slide off.

Helped another tree service with this one yesterday. First pic is where it was when I got started. I think they got in a little over their head and decided to give me a call.
image.jpg image.jpg

Yeah that was the problem before.

I just lubed the slide box good but nothing changed so I took the pressure screw out inside the control valve, clean it and set it a bit stronger. I also tensioned my slide box springs to the max, seems to be working now. I notice when I look inside the slide box there was debris up in it. It seem the only way to get it out is take the whole slide off.

Then do it . If it's binding at all you'll break a shaft or a key way at some point ...

Cut about a cord of firewood and split a few pieces and said **** it this is too much work so i noodled the rest:laugh: i was up to my knees in noodles

Replaced the icm and the truck started. Makes no sense because it was a new icm already in it. Gonna change out the coil and new plug wires and hopefully it's fixxed bit I am not counting on it.

At least I could drive it the mile and a half home.

Hopefully my mini will have a new engine in it by the end of the week.

Had a hack tree company contact me about hauling big wood off there job that's about 30 mins away. Should be 1.5 hr round trip for $200.

Back