whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tree surgeons are a lot like buzzards.

Waitin round for things to die so they have a carcass tu feed on!

I'd imagine EAB has provided a helluva lotta carcasses in the Michigan area!

jomoco
We're about outta Ash trees here, i had 3 in my yard that are split and stacked now.

Really buttercup ! Suck it up ... I am lucky if they "start " to pay me after 60 days . And sometimes I have done 8 more job before the first is even PO'd out ... I mean our School system here doesn't even flinch at 90 days and they tell you plain English it's gonna be at least that long , I am owed money from when I was wearing a sweatshirt for the first time this year .... Payments are part of this gig not every Joe Schmo cuts a check as your putting on cones back on the truck ... Would be nice though

Usted sabe toto!
Jeff

One nice thing about those big accounts is when your still well above water and u get a 40 or 50 or 60 or 80 thousand dollar check!

Just got word a village has 150 American elm removals on top of our list of 80 another village has 300 ash as of now just looked at 150 ash for the local park district at one park winter trim 2 Towns we have numerous bids out for hoa ash removals 30-100 trees so much for going to the Bahamas this year....
I get excited to just get a check for 2k . Wish i knew what it was like to get a 40k check

I get excited to just get a check for 2k . Wish i knew what it was like to get a 40k check
Right now I am owed 17K ... And I will get 2/3 K a month and do 2/3 K worth of new work for the same people they never catch up .... Ever ..... And it's just two of us I couldn't imagine that juggling act on a larger scale ... Frightful actually that's why I don't buy **** until it goes completely capooooot so I can not sweat payments when the well is dry

Spend the day finishing up the highway contract. Was warm and sunny.
Jeff wood say "a beautiful day "
I'd have yo agree :)
3ce34ef920e7008e8b6f583c26670ce4.jpg
0f8b4ffd22458da52a1841f5b58cb227.jpg

2ae3df996b44a4cdbabb075066e53e54.jpg

Do you mean a Pinus elderica?
Never saw a fat one, they do not do well here.
Jeff
probably too hot... yeah i have heard people call them elder pines, dessert pines, afgan pines, australian pines... since they look similar (but the form varies with age) we lump all that #### into one... they get pretty big around here... i took one down last year that was close to 90ft... lots of sap and a boat load of cones...

Really buttercup ! Suck it up ... I am lucky if they "start " to pay me after 60 days . And sometimes I have done 8 more job before the first is even PO'd out ... I mean our School system here doesn't even flinch at 90 days and they tell you plain English it's gonna be at least that long , I am owed money from when I was wearing a sweatshirt for the first time this year .... Payments are part of this gig not every Joe Schmo cuts a check as your putting on cones back on the truck ... Would be nice though
thats how commercial work operates. you have to consider the wait time when quoting unless you are in the bank business. although its always nice to get paid upon completion.

It matters very little that people know other people owe me money .... But as the weather starts to turn , I will still be getting checks long after the machines have been parked . I just wish some time there would be a margin call ... And all debts were closed before the end I that business day ... Ahhhh to dream

The last thing I feel like doing when rolling off a job is seeing the client, no, just toss the cones on and beat it on home fer ah coll dringk, send a bill later. That way you don't gotta hear them talk anymore and ask a whole lot MORE ****ing questions.

And how many times do ya gotta say goodbye? And that whole "thank you" , " you're welcome" thing that goes back and forth? Thanks again and again til we don't even know what we are thanking each other for, probably just because we are both happy to be done dealing with each other. Whew! What a windy road that is, I'm exhausted!

The last thing I feel like doing when rolling off a job is seeing the client, no, just toss the cones on and beat it on home fer ah coll dringk, send a bill later. That way you don't gotta hear them talk anymore and ask a whole lot MORE ****ing questions.

And how many times do ya gotta say goodbye? And that whole "thank you" , " you're welcome" thing that goes back and forth? Thanks again and again til we don't even know what we are thanking each other for, probably just because we are both happy to be done dealing with each other. Whew! What a windy road that is, I'm exhausted!

Or, "hey, while you're here, can you take this, this this and that?"

Back