whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The climber's not on the hook, but he's in the tree below the canopy you're lowering your ball n rigging through.

Can your latches alone support your crane ball's weight without failing?

The Shur-Loc latch can, and then some.

jomoco

There are some crane operators who just can't seem to keep the **** straight, Jomoco is talking to them.

Let me assure you guys without swivels on your hooks, that you are the tiniest of minorities.

99.9 of the mobile hydrocranes used in this industry have swiveling hook mechanisms and ball weights exceeding 100 lbs.

jomoco

Let me assure you guys without swivels on your hooks, that you are the tiniest of minorities.

99.9 of the mobile hydrocranes used in this industry have swiveling hook mechanisms and ball weights exceeding 100 lbs.

jomoco

I didn't know that. Never saw one. I would say maybe I have worked 6 or seven different cranes. I said before I never really had a bunch of swiveling going on, just a tiny bit, never enough to upset anybody or anything.

The climber's not on the hook, but he's in the tree below the canopy you're lowering your ball n rigging through.

Can your latches alone support your crane ball's weight without failing?

The Shur-Loc latch can, and then some.

jomoco
Your just beating that **** to death, just let it go. It should be apparent to you by now that no one wants one of your hooks.

You use a non locking latch hook to lift personnel with and you will be in violation of OSHA regs.

But what do you care?

Them there Shur-Loc hooks are too safe n funky for real men, huh?

Lol, what's that, the rabbit incident, or the other thing with the dish towel?:)

Called this morning about the ****ing machine, said, " are we going into week 4?"

They said YES so I hung up. This time the cam seal got ripped as they were putting it back together. At least that is what they told me. Last week they were waiting for the right dowel pins because Bobcat sent them the wrong ones.

Now its a fact that I could have fixed it myself without to much trouble.

I did get to use it the first time the timing cover was fixed. I put about 15 hours on it.

You use a non locking latch hook to lift personnel with and you will be in violation of OSHA regs.

But what do you care?

Them there Shur-Loc hooks are too safe n funky for real men, huh?
when we lift personnel with man baskets under OSHA directive we use latches which can be pinned closed. they are standard issue on all gunnebo-johnson hook blocks and balls. look it up. we also use dedicated bridles, load test weights, and a pre lift sign off sheet which all personnel involved sign off on that they understand the OSHA requirements. the baskets are annually third party inspected and records are kept. none of these activities are used in tree work though. as of last year OSHA requires the same test lift procedure and record keeping for pin on man baskets that are attached to the crane boom.

Latest posts

Back