whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, i dont give away work. Maybe hire a couple more guys and get another crew going.

Yup, When I was running 12 guy's ( 6 climbers and 6 ground ) I thought that would be the most I want to handle. The stress and hours were crazy.
Now I am at 9 climbers and 8 groundies. Now I have no life, but we have work always.
Next Monday, one our our climbers that works for our LA branch is moving down here and basically a transfer, so another climber.
I would not give up work, I would make it happen.
Jeff

More stump work, yeah I was serious about it and now it all done. Oh God! There was so much grindings and topsoil and seed and raking and even with the loader I still had a good amount of pitchfork activity. Beat the rain yet again like I always do, I have no idea how much I made.

Lol. We took down this in the am, ground and cleaned up the stump (90%) in the afternoon, plus got the maple from yesterday all ready for topsoil. Just saying.

I would say the old MDS still has it... might be miserable, out of shape and stressed to the max on every end, but I still got it. Wtf, guess its better than being dead.. right!!??

IMG_20141021_115851_061.jpg

Lol. We took down this in the am, ground and cleaned up the stump (90%), plus got the maple from yesterday all ready for topsoil.

I would say the old MDS still has it... might be miserable, out of shape and stressed to the max on every end, but I still got it. Wtf, guess its better than being dead.. right!!??

View attachment 375105
Yup the MDS is on the right side of the dirt.

Is it weird that we don't do topsoil and seed for grinding? Y'all all be doin that **** but we prob charge more and do less...???

Probably.

Its a royal pain that is fer shure but I dunno, just feel bad leaving such a mess. I feel as though I have indecently violated someone's lawn, like perverted criminal or something.

It does add considerable cost, those cans of Tree-B-Gone aren't cheap, we used to do everything with brushes but are getting set up to spray.

Whether it be lawn repair or schlepping mats around ( I do that too of course) or even lowering every godamn piece, you gotta account fer all that ****ing lawn damage one way or another.

One of the grinding jobs had lighting and wires underground so I told the client, " Let me tell you something 'bout dat raht here and now" Turns out he didn't care so I took his word for it, only ended up yanking about 30 yards of wire into the wheel and saved pretty much all the lights, I think.

I like jobs that have a compost pile or pile of dirt laying around and I always carry grass seed, I keep some in my pocket and sprinkle it when I am walking around the jobsite to indiscreetly cover the tracks, Shh, no scuff marks here! " No, we did not just re-plant the top of that tree between the roofline and septic tank ma-am"

I have always wanted to get a small manure spreader that throws compost and grass seed.

Probably.

Its a royal pain that is fer shure but I dunno, just feel bad leaving such a mess. I feel as though I have indecently violated someone's lawn, like perverted criminal or something.

It does add considerable cost, those cans of Tree-B-Gone aren't cheap, we used to do everything with brushes but are getting set up to spray.

Whether it be lawn repair or schlepping mats around ( I do that too of course) or even lowering every godamn piece, you gotta account fer all that ****ing lawn damage one way or another.

One of the grinding jobs had lighting and wires underground so I told the client, " Let me tell you something 'bout dat raht here and now" Turns out he didn't care so I took his word for it, only ended up yanking about 30 yards of wire into the wheel and saved pretty much all the lights, I think.

I like jobs that have a compost pile or pile of dirt laying around and I always carry grass seed, I keep some in my pocket and sprinkle it when I am walking around the jobsite to indiscreetly cover the tracks, Shh, no scuff marks here! " No, we did not just re-plant the top of that tree between the roofline and septic tank ma-am"

I have always wanted to get a small manure spreader that throws compost and grass seed.
They already make a machine that does that. It's called a top dresser

Back