whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a text at five am telling me it's too cold to work and stay home. Oh well I got firewood that needs split anyhow.
To bad you guys live three hours away could always use extra help. Headed to deep creek Maryland to get some rooms setup for a job I never thought I would want just because of the distance. The farthest I will have ever gone to do a job but its a few weeks worth of good work. A few miles of fiber line and we can leave it all as long as we dont block the right of way. Just gonna take my Polaris rzr to get in and out and tractor to push stuff off to the sides. On the side of a mountain but the last time we did fiber lines going through the woods it was some of my favorite work. No one around lawn dents don't matter.

Was wondering the same thing. I actually miss his entertaining and colorful posts.
I'll get you an update on the chipper tomorrow and give you a call. They should have mine about squared away. If you don't have anything going on on one of these freezing ass days or know someone that likes driving I gotta pick mine up and will pay $$$ its in Farwell Michigan. It comes with a free tour of the Terex plant ;) guy said he would buy lunch and show how they are built.

Altec guy took me and one of my guys down to tour there plant and it was pretty cool. Got to play with there cranes and buckets. Actually probably sold me on my next bucket being a Altec.

Almost minus 20 with the wind chill I look like I'm going snow boarding. Its wearing me out I'm looking into alternatives to keep revenue coming in in January February other then just tree work. So when its this cold we can just stay warm. I'm gonna pull the trigger on a firewood processor in the next month or two. If that can just pay the bills in theses terrible months I'm sold.

You still have to deliver it and stack it outside. It might be better than being in the top of a tree on a cold, windy day.

Firewood is pretty easy to stay warm. I don't have a processor so I gotta keep moving. Shouldn't be hard to figure out how to blow some heat to the seat area.
Matt let me know when you're going to michigan. I could be up for a road trip

You still have to deliver it and stack it outside. It might be better than being in the top of a tree on a cold, windy day.
We are looking at selling wholesale. Not to private consumer. 6 rock yards around us buy over 100 cords and sell it by weight.

Take a pic. If you have the time.
14098311ea9b0b99041d9f120f2b1eec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went out to deliver a load of wood and two more batteries but the dust. Got 6 years out of them so[emoji4].
Lost a dying beech removal job to one of the bigger companies in my state. HO said they worked for them previously removing pines around the house for almost 2 days for....... $1000. Yikes.

I'm sure this thread is more intended for tree work but today is Sunday. Outside of my daily job, I'm also a writer on numerous levels. One of the things I do is reviewing/critiquing locally owned restaurants. So I watched the playoffs today and got caught up on some reviews.

Did my taxes this morning, then came to the shop and worked on a saw, put together the exhaust on a truck, processed about a cord of firewood, and then cleaned out all the splitter trash under the processor. packed up a chainsaw to mail out, cleaned up in the shop a bit.
Still have a solid 4-5 hours left today, it's only 7PM.

Just say no to firewood. I've got 30 grapple loads of big wood in my lot that must be cleaned out before spring. 60$ for a 4x8x16in or a gallon of diesel an match?????? I'm lighting it tomorrow. At 60 a 4x8 around here I can't make it worth my time and ground mans back. so up in smoke it goes.

Just say no to firewood. I've got 30 grapple loads of big wood in my lot that must be cleaned out before spring. 60$ for a 4x8x16in or a gallon of diesel an match?????? I'm lighting it tomorrow. At 60 a 4x8 around here I can't make it worth my time and ground mans back. so up in smoke it goes.
Pics!!!!!!!!!

This reminds me of a time back when I first started out on my own. I had a contract with our city to remove 38 mostly large trees. I didn't have a bucket or a chipper so I climbed them all and we hauled them out on a trailer. We took them to our place just outside of town. We pushed the brush with a loader and then dropped the logs from that day on top. We kept doing that until all of the trees were down and we had a massive, compact pile. It was huge. Some of those logs were nearly 10 ft. diameter. We poured 5 gallons of diesel fuel on both ends and lit it. It burned/smoldered for about a month. It was pretty awesome. The local fire dept. contacted us and suggested (they didn't have jurisdiction since we were out of town) that we burn it in smaller piles next time. But that was the most awesome fire I've ever seen.

Post a note in the firewood forum someone may want all of it. It would be such a shame to see that amount of wood go up in smoke.

Post a note in the firewood forum someone may want all of it. It would be such a shame to see that amount of wood go up in smoke.
Not burning it today to windy and I should have said it's all pine, sweet gum and other trash wood. I dump most at people who do burn but they get full, or it may be to wet to get the grapple in. I've tried to let them come gather but it never works out. They get their bars pinched always wanting me to load logs... I know it's a shame but when a grapple loads a whole tree in a bed and I smash it down its like a bale of hay one wrong cut and the whole pile could come down on them. It's a major liability to let them in their.

Back