whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gave the boss my notice today. 25 years of climbing has been enough for me. The mind says yes but the body says no.
My neighbor who is teaching me alot about climbing and tree work in general is 63 years old been climbing 45 years he was just clocked on radar waterskiing at 40mph while on vacation and will scurry up a tree 3x faster than me lol ... Not that I'm a super star climber by any means but its impressive to watch... I'm trying to stay away from production climbing because it can be so rough on the body... So what else one do with them self after they decide not to climb anymore ???

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

My neighbor who is teaching me alot about climbing and tree work in general is 63 years old been climbing 45 years he was just clocked on radar waterskiing at 40mph while on vacation and will scurry up a tree 3x faster than me lol ... Not that I'm a super star climber by any means but its impressive to watch... I'm trying to stay away from production climbing because it can be so rough on the body... So what else one do with them self after they decide not to climb anymore ???

Become a traffic flagger, they make more than tree workers.

I don't know if I would call a 25 year production climber a puss bag .... I've only been doing it as a hobby for 3 years so If you called me a puss bag I guess I would just have to take it .... In the face preferably

25 years... I bet you've seen almost everything...

I don't think I could make it to 63. Guys like that are the exception. Left knee doesn't have too much cartilage left but overall I can't complain. As far as plans for the future, I'll be going back to school to get my Masters in Behavioral Health.

I don't think I could make it to 63. Guys like that are the exception. Left knee doesn't have too much cartilage left but overall I can't complain. As far as plans for the future, I'll be going back to school to get my Masters in Behavioral Health.
Eventually my hands and wrist are going to be the end of me ... Had a really bad injury when I was 12 but until then I'm gonna keep on climbing.. Best of luck in with your new future .. What dose one do with a Masters in behavioral health ??

Another day another slew of work done and a slew of calls. I'm pretty much booked til Xmas at this point. Not bragging though, I'm just hoping for a break so I can spend some time with the wife and keep her happy.

Have you thought about getting a swimming pool installed for the old lady yet? Just brainstorming/trying to help a bro out here..

Don't even start. If she read that **** she'd start talking about getting one. I'm just talking about quality time. Hiking, vacationing, knockin boots, dining. You know.

I do have a sinking feeling that next year is gonna be a bust. So I think I'm just gonna save this nest egg so I can get some projects going for the spring.

Another day another slew of work done and a slew of calls. I'm pretty much booked til Xmas at this point. Not bragging though, I'm just hoping for a break so I can spend some time with the wife and keep her happy.

A quickie or the full 2 minutes?:laughing:

(I stole that line from AVE on youtube - check him out he's pretty funny, if you're into tools, machining or electronics, and he's Canadian)

Back