whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trimmed some Cajeput trees, a Podocarpus, and a Brazillian pepper. Kinda sucked when the chipper was clogged with the Podo fruit, but we got done by around 4:30 pm. Still, I like the crew I'm with now.

...And what's with clients leaving their dog crap laying around in their backyard? Seriously people, pick up after your #$*@ing dogs; it's embarrassing to see a backyard covered in dog crap.

I hate vodka.
I never tried it, but I smelled it.
Jeff

Stoli is some good stuff; the Smirnoff is pretty much like rubbing alcohol to me.

image.jpeg Yard logging in the snow today. More beetle kill pine trees. Worked pretty good in the am when the ground was frozen. Too bad we couldn't get the bigger truck there, but the old cummins did the trick.

No vodka for me those days are over.

Did some contract climbing (crane riding) for my buddy's company yesterday
f7945aad1ddd2fda33ca7ffbfdcad94e.jpg
d8b5221e5327c458d1da2f5f9d9b5503.jpg
8731d116e7456592174d4f744f49792d.jpg
43231dc9cfa4d6be7ab8260bfb5ffc8a.jpg
8b72f179be578b0b629ae0b4a7c5f72c.jpg

Just finished sharpening up the 42" on one of my 395's. We got a big ass white pine we're gonna pull over with the tractor winch Saturday. Should be fun. One of the bigger trees I've ever flopped (murphed). I'm actually just gonna pull with the tractor while my buddy cuts. He's pretty dead on with his cuts. Being that its only 25' or so away from the house, I guess that says something about how much faith I have in this dude. Lol.

Next I get to flip the blades that should still be like brand new in the chipper. (Love that job,, can't get enough of it!!) Apparently we either chipped something with some metal in it, or my moron has been using it as a rakings incinerator. I'm leaning towards rakings incinerator. I don't know why there's no in between filling the whole back of the truck with brushy rakings, or scraping up every last pebble of road dirt and tossing it in the chipper. It's amazing to me.

I found a 1590xp with 4200 hours for 15k obo. It's a one owner machine and everything is tight and right. They maintained it well and took good care of it. It has all the fancy features besides a winch. The guy is getting a divorce and selling out. Anybody run one? What do think on price?

Not a bad deal. You can probably carve him down to 13.5 if it's a divorce. I'd test the coolant with a strip and run it at operating temp to look for leaks.

Trimmed some Cajeput trees, a Podocarpus, and a Brazillian pepper. Kinda sucked when the chipper was clogged with the Podo fruit, but we got done by around 4:30 pm. Still, I like the crew I'm with now.

...And what's with clients leaving their dog crap laying around in their backyard? Seriously people, pick up after your #$*@ing dogs; it's embarrassing to see a backyard covered in dog crap.

Stoli is some good stuff; the Smirnoff is pretty much like rubbing alcohol to me.

Chipping Podo's is a sure way to tell if you chipper knives are sharp and adjusted correctly. If it is clogging, it ain't right.
Jeff :)

I found a 1590xp with 4200 hours for 15k obo. It's a one owner machine and everything is tight and right. They maintained it well and took good care of it. It has all the fancy features besides a winch. The guy is getting a divorce and selling out. Anybody run one? What do think on price?

Good deal, with those hours I would check everything.
Jeff

Back