whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working for me is sucking on a tete. I put up with a lot. But most importantly, I'm not looking for a Macguyver to come in and lead a skeleton crew to gross $3,000 a day working with nothing but a poulan and some duct tape. I'm just looking for a helper. Basically, a Macgruber who shows up on time.

I'm just looking for a helper too.
The local high school co-op program coordinator was not impressed when my/her student showed her this photo op of him suspended by crane. That was apparently very "unsafe", and she told him she didn't want him helping me anymore.
He had by that time gotten enough hours to complete the co-op requirement, but he told me she said if he was short, it was ok....
image.jpeg

Hmm.. I've never heard of a mass shooter taking out a bunch of people hanging on crane balls or climbing trees. Office workers and school teachers/students, on the other hand....

I guess "dangerous" really means, "I'm too much of a p*s*y to try that!" or something.

I just watched (sort of) a tv show called Worlds most Dangerous Interview. One of the guys was a hot shot groundie and was being tested to be a climber. In Cali, spur climbing big redwoods to deadwood them. He was all nervous, but needed the job, because if he was promoted as a climber he was going to be making $150,000/yr (according to the show). ****, for $150,000/yr as just a climber, the owner of the company could take his pick of about 10,000 experienced climbers across the country. The show was too frustrating for me and I didn't watch to the end to see if he got the job. Typical "reality' (all scripted) tv, right Aerialist?

Me, the wife, the kid, all got the influenza since Sunday. Man, the agony, the suffering, it wasn't getting better... so I killed them both and feel much better now.

I'm just looking for a helper too.
The local high school co-op program coordinator was not impressed when my/her student showed her this photo op of him suspended by crane. That was apparently very "unsafe", and she told him she didn't want him helping me anymore.
He had by that time gotten enough hours to complete the co-op requirement, but he told me she said if he was short, it was ok....
View attachment 490629

Oh for ****'s sake! You are gonna make us go through that whole proper tie in thing again? I think not. Why? Because deep down I don't care. I really don't, never did and I am sorry for ever trying to make anybody think that I did.

Frankly, Doctor, deep down I also really don't care whether you care, or don't care.
(FWIW, the climbing line is going through a FS on the shackle above the ball, and lanyard is going through the hook)

I spent yet another day doomg a ROW clearing in a high dollar part of town. Beats the last ROW I did in a middle class part. The high end people had contacted their lawyers and accepted that there was nothing that could be done. I haven't been threatened to be shot in almost a week. I'll take their mean mugging over having police presence any day.
It was a beautiful day:havingarest:

Frankly, Doctor, deep down I also really don't care whether you care, or don't care.
(FWIW, the climbing line is going through a FS on the shackle above the ball, and lanyard is going through the hook)

I will take your word for it because I can only see the lanyard in the picture.

Tried to post, but royal screwup with photos, so fuggetaboutit.
Anyway, Doc, if you can bear to take another glance at the photo, note there is no tension on the lanyard, and the climbing line (with Zigzag) is not over the hook.

Somebody up at the horse farm managed to trap a raccoon in one of the HavaHeart traps. No one was around and I couldn't get ahold of anybody to deal with it, I sure as hell didn't want to. I thought it was dead but maybe just sleepy from daylight or something it turned out or even dehydrated. I didn't know how long it had been in there, there was some kind of bedding in there, I don't know. I didn't want to pick the trap up with my hands as I was pretty sure the animal was smarter than me and would figure out a way to bite me so I hooked it with my pole saw and threw it in the back of the truck. He was only a little feisty but not aggressive I drove about a mile down the crick and stumbled out to the water with it to let it loose. I was bent over trying to figure out how to open the cage, my eyeballs felt like they were going to explode and I was real hot and weak when I looked down and saw his creepy critter hand reach out trying to grab my leg. I went off like a little ***** for a second the managed to get the trap open. I watched him run into the water ( I thought it would be refreshing for him, he didn't) then back out along stream up to somebody's wood shed. Somebody saw me letting the thing go and I don't think you are just supposed to be doing that but I couldn't leave the animal in that cage without any water. My first thought was just to shoot it but I didn't think it would be good idea around the horses and there were a lot of people around.

Latest posts

Back