whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had some hamburger head scraper walk up to me while I was headed up an oak tree. He started with the " You shouldn't be climbing alone" went into the " I own a landscape company" and the " I'm looking for a sub" and finished with a indignant " Don't hurt yourself". What a kunt. Wakeley was the name I think. I saw it all coming. I'm to old to play those games. I sent him packing back to his parking lot mulch jobs done by illegal aliens.

I did play a little when the neighbor to the job I was working at asked me how much to prune the giant sycamore in his dog crap strewn yard. Thankfully he left when I said " 200 to stand on the roof with a pole saw".

I hate dog poop. Damn. How low am I that you can't clean up after your pets for me to work in your yard? I worked for two weeks on this condo association doing hazard pruning and told them about one of the properties that was full of dog poop. I finally had to work there and it wasn't picked up. I filled a five gallon bucket with the stuff and dumped it on their deck right outside the door. Never allowed to work there again. Oh darn.

Had some hamburger head scraper walk up to me while I was headed up an oak tree. He started with the " You shouldn't be climbing alone" went into the " I own a landscape company" and the " I'm looking for a sub" and finished with a indignant " Don't hurt yourself". What a kunt. Wakeley was the name I think. I saw it all coming. I'm to old to play those games. I sent him packing back to his parking lot mulch jobs done by illegal aliens.

I did play a little when the neighbor to the job I was working at asked me how much to prune the giant sycamore in his dog crap strewn yard. Thankfully he left when I said " 200 to stand on the roof with a pole saw".

Here ya go,,
Jeff

I suppose I didn't have to be an ******* to the guy but here I am gearing up to climb and this guy just comes up and starts asking a bunch of questions. I think that is ignorant and disrespectful especially if this guy is actually a tree guy. Which he is not. I am sure that the people he hires are on AA's level - more talk than walk. He claims that he was just trying to be friendly and see if I needed any help. I say that he was trying to hamper me with an sordid and juvenile agenda of which I am sickened and burdened. The whole town knows about it and thinks it funny. The guy started taking pictures of me, I guess for evidence, oh boy. I dunno, after about 3 of his questions I told him that he was bothering me straight up. I have to say that most times when people come up to me when I am working it turns out they just came to see if I would break my ass for 50 bucks so it has become commonplace to run them off as quick as possible before I get bogged down and turned around.

I suppose I didn't have to be an ******* to the guy but here I am gearing up to climb and this guy just comes up and starts asking a bunch of questions. I think that is ignorant and disrespectful especially if this guy is actually a tree guy. Which he is not. I am sure that the people he hires are on AA's level - more talk than walk. He claims that he was just trying to be friendly and see if I needed any help. I say that he was trying to hamper me with an sordid and juvenile agenda of which I am sickened and burdened. The whole town knows about it and thinks it funny. The guy started taking pictures of me, I guess for evidence, oh boy. I dunno, after about 3 of his questions I told him that he was bothering me straight up. I have to say that most times when people come up to me when I am working it turns out they just came to see if I would break my ass for 50 bucks so it has become commonplace to run them off as quick as possible before I get bogged down and turned around.

That is what I would say,,,,your excuse I mean,,,:cool:
Jeff

IMG_20160319_114856218-480x640.jpg Noticed a ball bearing lying on the plywood highway yesterday.....then found a few more. Tracks on miniskid also seemed very loose...
Hoping the idler shafts and bearings show up early in the week. Only around 750 hours on the thing, so it's a bit disappointing. The el cheapo air chisel thing worked well.

View attachment 493084 Noticed a ball bearing lying on the plywood highway yesterday.....then found a few more. Tracks on miniskid also seemed very loose...
Hoping the idler shafts and bearings show up early in the week. Only around 750 hours on the thing, so it's a bit disappointing. The el cheapo air chisel thing worked well.

You are not gonna get very far in this world without an air chisel no matter how much you paid for it.
Buddha circa 1783
Are those bogie wheels from a little Bobcat?

Front idlers off this SK650.
The outfit (Brandt Tractor) I bought it from has a 24/7 parts phone # staffed with actual humans that converse with you in english, (and not a mutant form of english with a foreign dialect). Parts will get sent out by courier Monday am.

IMG_20160319_114954095-480x640.jpg

Yeah,, gonna match my other hand,,, that was way worse,,
Jeff

I tell my guys all the time...if you are not careful and fail to pay attention to what you are doing and jackass around you will smash your fingers. One greenhorn did last November. Ugly wound...ended up off work for two weeks. Still don't know exactly what happened but he was trying to load four cross ties.

I tell my guys all the time...if you are not careful and fail to pay attention to what you are doing and jackass around you will smash your fingers. One greenhorn did last November. Ugly wound...ended up off work for two weeks. Still don't know exactly what happened but he was trying to load four cross ties.
Well.. At least it wasn't his thumb. So if nothing else he can still have that jammed up his arse while he drives around in his air conditioned truck, barking orders at his poor immigrants.

I spent the day (cold as hell) working on an aluminum trailer I bought to haul equipment around on (stump grinder, chipper, blah blah) because I decided I wanted a winch up front to pull that stuff up onto the trailer. I discovered that my old *ss can't get a 700 lb. stump grinder onto the trailer when it's out of gas and I forgot to take the gas can. Had to drive back home, grab the gas, go back... what a pain. Well, I'm hoping this will solve that problem. Should also be handy for dragging other stuff onto the trailer, too. You know... fat chicks, logs, dead bodies, whatever.

AlumTrailer-Winch1.jpg AlumTrailer-Winch2.jpg

Remote control mounted on trailer rail. In the toolbox mounted to trailer tongue, there is a battery box with a type 31 deep cycle battery, and a cutoff switch to turn winch power on/off. Battery maintainer/charger plugs in from outside of the toolbox. Still have to make a cover for the winch, and something like a golf club sock to cover the remote. Tomorrow I have to redo some of the trailer lights wiring, because like most of these trailers, the wiring is sh*t. The b*stards always do a crappy, cheap-as-they-can job.

Yup, I soldered it all, lots of shrink tubing, electrical tape, split loom and cable ties. Hell, the idiots pinched some of the wiring in with the bolts that hold the steel coupler on... dead short, that would have been nice if I had not looked at it before plugging it into the truck... two more wires cut all the way through where they bundled up the plug end and pulled it around the tongue and tied it to the frame for shipping. They had run it through the aluminum channel, which wasn't cut off too smoothly, and it sliced right through it. Stupid. They used those Walmart/AutoPartsStore quick connectors where the marker lights were spliced in... one had already fallen apart, the rest were already oxidized up just from sitting at the dealer. Cheap bastards.

All fixed up now... I don't think a rat could chew through to the wires, now. I shouldn't complain, I guess... almost all of them do shoddy work on the electrical stuff. I've had to rewire every trailer I ever owned, except one. That one was the most expensive one I owned, though, and one of the reasons I bought it was because the attention to detail was so good. The worst ones have been homebuilt stuff and Carry On brand... the ones they sell at Menards, and TSC and places like that. Those, I just automatically rewire them when I get them home. I know it's going to quit working within a month, anyway, so I just do it and get it over with.

Those are nice and cheap aren't they? I put a front in my SK650 last year. I have a feeling the other one will need it shortly.

Storms moving into the area. Cold, very windy and raining. I think it might be my fault. I went shopping yesterday, and wanted to play with the new toy, today.

PPT-280-01.JPG PPT-280-02.JPG PPT-280-03.JPG

Latest posts

Back