whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran up a little white cedar in sneekers and my Buckingham's the other day it wasent pleasant at all. I'm usually in them there Carolinas "logger" boots. I would love to get a pair of sexy lineman's boots that lace up to my knee cap .... hot damn i bet the oll lady wouldent let me wear them in bed tho

That will tear the **** out of the old Achilles tendon. I've been caught dead like that before.

I use winter muclucks for my spiking boots. Lots of padding and my feet can wiggle enough not to go numb. I don't really notice to much agony on my arches. I would have to say less than your standard issue logger boot which I don't even own.

Sometimes I use a soccer shin pad to pad the area where the spikes digs into your upper calves.

Damn!

Anyway:

I planted 15 little skip laurel with a matix and a spade then came home and took a nap.

Went out to look at a tree after traffic died down, I had a 7 O'clock with the lady and I got there at seven. There was already a guy there writing it up.

When the lady called she was throwing out names of people I had done work for like it was supposed to mean something, like we were buds. I didn't think much of it then, I don't think much of it now.

I really hope I get the job!

I expect a much longer story next time,,,,,,
Jeff :cheers:

I expect a much longer story next time,,,,,,
Jeff :cheers:

Well that was a lot of holes...

But for you:

On the way to the estimate I about hit some dude walking his bicycle down the road. On the way back I noticed he had a flat tire so I turned around and gave him a ride into town.

He said he just got fired/quit his job fixing pinball machines. He told me he does shows and everything. He said his boss fronted him the money to buy a car, the guy gave him around a thousand so far to which his boss called " hypothetical payments" and really weren't even part of paying for the car.

I told him the reason I gave him a ride was because I caught a flat 30 miles outside of Tucson and somebody gave me a ride.

I had to dig out my bicycle pump to pump the wheel on my client's barrow when I was planting the schip. I was mixing up the old michorazzia and peat moss in the barrow. I am not really a fan of the schip nor barrows but I have always carried a bicycle pump since Tucson. And some guns. And some tools. And some chainsaws.

I told the guy I should have just thrown the pump out the window and kept driving.

I have a stack of groundhogs up at the horse farm from the last couple of weeks. I got them with the air gun. Apparently Lewis and Clark had an air gun that could take down a moose.

Also if you even get a flat tire on yer bicycle and have no means to fix it then you can pack the tire with leaves enough to ride on. You can't do that in Tuscon though.

Well that was a lot of holes...

But for you:

On the way to the estimate I about hit some dude walking his bicycle down the road. On the way back I noticed he had a flat tire so I turned around and gave him a ride into town.

He said he just got fired/quit his job fixing pinball machines. He told me he does shows and everything. He said his boss fronted him the money to buy a car, the guy gave him around a thousand so far to which his boss called " hypothetical payments" and really weren't even part of paying for the car.

I told him the reason I gave him a ride was because I caught a flat 30 miles outside of Tucson and somebody gave me a ride.

I had to dig out my bicycle pump to pump the wheel on my client's barrow when I was planting the schip. I was mixing up the old michorazzia and peat moss in the barrow. I am not really a fan of the schip nor barrows but I have always carried a bicycle pump since Tucson. And some guns. And some tools. And some chainsaws.

I told the guy I should have just thrown the pump out the window and kept driving.

I have a stack of groundhogs up at the horse farm from the last couple of weeks. I got them with the air gun. Apparently Lewis and Clark had an air gun that could take down a moose.

Also if you even get a flat tire on yer bicycle and have no means to fix it then you can pack the tire with leaves enough to ride on. You can't do that in Tuscon though.

Thanks,,,
Jeff :numberone:

...you can pack the tire with leaves enough to ride on. You can't do that in Tuscon though.

I assume that's because the border patrol guys might figure out what kind of leaves you were packing in your tires, for those late night border crossings?

I have a stack of groundhogs...

Doc, nobody stacks groundhogs. Firewood, sure. Pallets. Lumber. But groundhogs?

I assume that's because the border patrol guys might figure out what kind of leaves you were packing in your tires, for those late night border crossings?

Doc, nobody stacks groundhogs. Firewood, sure. Pallets. Lumber. But groundhogs?

No its cause there ain't no trees in Tucson. At least not enough trees to drop enough to pack a tire with.

I have 4 stacked groundhogs. I really wouldn't bother with them but they are wrecking the barns up at the horse farm.

They're not very common, here... but they get huge out here in corn country. I've only seen a couple of them until last year when one showed up at the shop. Sitting on the sidewalk in front of the house eating apples. I thought it was a friggin' beaver until it finally got tired of me staring at it and wandered off, and I could see its tail. Nope, not a nutria, not a beaver... freakin' groundhog. Bigger than a cat.

A'yuh. Heard the same. Red Ryder, I'd bet.

I read it in a book about firearms. Its hard to believe.

I am using a break barrel .22 air rifle, state of the art and the bullets are designed to kill, and, supposedly this rifle is able to kill something as big as a coyote. Its quiet and packs a punch. So far every hog of the ground I have shot I have hit and hit hard, no fuss.

Sometimes, if I have the time, I sneak up of one of those cute little creatures and blow its ****ing brains out.

I am no great white hunter, no Dirty Harry, its just another damn chore.

22-250 ..... just reach out there and turn them inside out no sneeking required ..... stacking is probibay out of the question too

Speared a large groundhog years ago with a manure fork. The bugger was getting into the (fenced in) vegetable garden, and would shear off the green beans. Managed to get between him and his hole under the fence, and impaled him. It sorta made a deep impression on my wife at the time. Used to take the vegetable gardening very seriously.

I don't mind the noise. A 270 takes care of them real well.

What part about HORSE FARM don't you understand!!!!!!????

They be some nice folk up there taking lessons, learning howst ta ride and voting for Clinton. Ain't no sense in scaring them.

I have had people along with me, they wear reaching for their Glocks and their man killers, I was like, " Hold on PADNERN, yer gonna start a STAMPEED!"

You can not walk 20 feet up there without seeing a groundhog. I really don't take joy in killing them cute furry creatures but they are wrecking the place.

Ever since they outlawed DDT the bigger birds of prey are coming back. Used to be rare to see a big bird but now they are everywhere.

****, my nieghbor invites me over when she's breaking a new horse. I'm a noisy sum *****. If'n that horse can deal with me, it can handle a green rider.

I have only been capping the hogs around the tennis court and behind the indoor riding barn when nobody is around. Its out of the way of the general public and I am discreet. If I saw anybody else walking around there with a any type of gun I would confront them. As far as I know I am the only one with permission to shoot and I said I would only use an air gun. When school lets out there will be a lot of kids up there.

There is also some kind of half-way house up there. The people who live there need peace. The one lady walks everyday out to the main road, touches the end of the fence and walks back. She will never go any further. I banged and clanked in with my chip truck up on her today, I just stopped and waited til she was far enough away.

There is also a couple of older guys living in that house and walk along the roads. When I see them I go real slow. They get out to the road and scowl at the people in the cars for whizzing by, they used to scowl at me.
I've had confrontations with some of the people who go zipping around, they know my trucks and slow down now. There is a crazy old man who drives a big ass caddy always roaring by. Its funny to watch him try to pass the farm implements. Where does an old man in a big Caddy have to go so fast? When I find out where he live I am going to " core" that Caddy. I am going to remove the valve stems from his tires. If that don't work I will just wring his ****ing neck.

Latest posts

Back