whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..... I was thinking more along the lines of YA mule get moving !!!!! As I was watching the help split big rounds ...... in the spirit of me not handling those big bastards I bucked up the nasty ass 4ft dia silver maple log I've been avoiding he kept grinning every time he heaved a big round up on the splitter so I figured I only had to quarter the nasty maple so long as he was getting off on getting a hernia.

I have been using the mini to position the big oak rounds. I only have a single bit splitter, it does go vertical.

Listened to my buddy who does excavating ***** because we were sooo high on a bid for a large winter job. Just doesn't understand those giant 10' cottonwood trees stay in those creeks forever. Excavating guys cant do them tree guys want the money its not complicated when were gonna pick a 20k log outta swamp it needs to b my most profitable day of the year. Or ill just keep trimming bradford pears! Cause when a guy is counting the number of times you are gonna have to ford a creek with huge rental crane and hundreds of thousands of pounds logs and brush thats just being a *****. Starting to remind me of a landscaper I used to work with always wanted to talk how easy tree climbing is, whilst rolling around feature stones.

I have been using the mini to position the big oak rounds. I only have a single bit splitter, it does go vertical.
Tractor supply special for the splitter and no mini ..... man the way you all talk about these so called minis I think I might need one

Just got lit up again by them ants BAD! Welted like a non-rhyming mofo fer sher. I sprayed the pile of logs last night, it didn't work!

Spray it with gasoline. If that don't work, do it again and throw a match on it!

I meant the bites not the woodpile. That would be wrong to burn all that good firewood for nothing
I have a butane weed torch lol i burn the area and scorch the bark sometimes but ants really are not why scorpions are :p

I have a butane weed torch lol i burn the area and scorch the bark sometimes but ants really are not why scorpions are :p

I don't play with matches... anymore.

I dumped a can of granular ant killer around the logs, maybe in a day or two it will be safe.

Just got lit up again by them ants BAD! Welted like a non-rhyming mofo fer sher. I sprayed the pile of logs last night, it didn't work!

I don't play with matches... anymore.

I dumped a can of granular ant killer around the logs, maybe in a day or two it will be safe.

Try soapy water. Pest control guys use it to wipe out beehives; it works better and faster than pesticides and has no residual effects to worry about. Cheap, too.

Apparently the soap reduces the surface tension of the water, and the little critters start inhaling soapy water into their spiracles, the tiny holes they breath with. A creative fellow like yourself could even make a foam generation device and you could pump the foam into the log and kill them before they even come out to get you.

Try soapy water. Pest control guys use it to wipe out beehives; it works better and faster than pesticides and has no residual effects to worry about. Cheap, too.

Apparently the soap reduces the surface tension of the water, and the little critters start inhaling soapy water into their spiracles, the tiny holes they breath with. A creative fellow like yourself could even make a foam generation device and you could pump the foam into the log and kill them before they even come out to get you.

I thought the soap coated then suffocated them.

I just watched a clip called Tough Jobs starring................. DANIEL MURPHY!

I guess its like the show DIRTY JOBS. Old Murphy was really chumming up to the host, got him up a thick conifer and made him Murph half of it across the driveway. Old Murph was getting mad for second when he told the guy to stop cutting and didn't.

Back