whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here's the kicker... This really made my day... I found longneck bottles of beer on sale for $6.49 a twelve pack... I bought two... That's a case of longnecks for $13.00!!! It's Bush beer but I don't give a rat's ass, I'm not picky... Merry Christmas to me!!! :yoyo:

Good day!

Noticed a CL add looking for various tree equipment pieces, and personnel over the last week to sub out. I sent the poster a message to see if he wanted to sub out the whole job without having any info on it (20 min away) he actually called me, (first smart thing he had done yet involving this job).

I get down there and find out it's a pretty big 20 plus tree removal and grind project. He was trying to do it in an f350 pick up, and one climber, (and I use that term VERY LOOSELY) and underbid the job by about $1800 to boot.

He had had it at that point so I asked to speak with the owner of the property, and ended up selling an $8300 job to start immediately. I priced it out at 3 days removal, and about a day grinding, and cleaning grinds. Not a bad fishing expediton if do say so myself. See? CL isn't THAT bad
:greenchainsaw:

Also managed to pic up another 2 maples worth $2500 bucks on a separate job site. Not a bad day all said and done....

Last edited:
Noticed a CL add looking for various tree equipment pieces, and personnel over the last week to sub out. I sent the poster a message to see if he wanted to sub out the whole job without having any info on it (20 min away) he actually called me, (first smart thing he had done yet involving this job).

I get down there and find out it's a pretty big 20 plus tree removal and grind project. He was trying to do it in an f350 pick up, and one climber, (and I use that term VERY LOOSELY) and underbid the job by about $1800 to boot.

He had had it at that point so I asked to speak with the owner of the property, and ended up selling an $8300 job to start immediately. I priced it out at 3 days removal, and about a day grinding, and cleaning grinds. Not a bad fishing expediton if do say so myself. See? CL isn't THAT bad
:greenchainsaw:

Also managed to pic up another 2 maples worth $2500 bucks on a separate job site. Not a bad day all said and done....

Not to be trying to call you out but do you have pics?

Nearly 11K sold and booked in a day... Now that's what I call a good Christmas...

Pics will be up tomorrow. I'm inerested in seeing what you guys would have put for numbers on the jobs. I think I did pretty good especially taking into account the time of year. Everybody is discounting rates to keep busy.

Pics will be up tomorrow. I'm inerested in seeing what you guys would have put for numbers on the jobs. I think I did pretty good especially taking into account the time of year. Everybody is discounting rates to keep busy.

I'll say. I thought I was doing well with my little $600 half day gig tomorrow during the week of Christmas...

BTW, not questioning you, I'm just a little envious...

I'll say. I thought I was doing well with my little $600 half day gig tomorrow during the week of Christmas...

BTW, not questioning you, I'm just a little envious...

Oh, I didn't think you were. dan-o asked for the pics.. It's kinda weird, I've been getting called out to a lot of big jobs in the last few weeks. I priced a 25 tree plus lot clearing in Brookline on Saturday, and a 4 big oak 3 big maple removal in Tewksbury on Friday. If those happen to come through we'll be off to a fantastic start for 2011...

Oh, I didn't think you were. dan-o asked for the pics.. It's kinda weird, I've been getting called out to a lot of big jobs in the last few weeks. I priced a 25 tree plus lot clearing in Brookline on Saturday, and a 4 big oak 3 big maple removal in Tewksbury on Friday. If those happen to come through we'll be off to a fantastic start for 2011...

what kinda equipment do you have?

what kinda equipment do you have?

88 F600 chip dump
97 GMC 7500 Forrestry package
74 GMC 6500 Logger with a Prentice 110
97 Bandit 150 (weakest link)
H 395xp
H 372xp
H 346xp
H 338xpt
H334t
H145BT
H155BT
MS200T
Bunch of ropes slings and blocks
Liability
Workman's comp
Full coverage on all vehicles/chipper

Sub out my grinding

Yes, I don't want to jinx anything but I think we are in for a great year next year.

I used to play football against Tewksbury...

We had a little excitement yesterday, started a simple removal for an old family friend, easy job. Started the day and weather was ok, a little snow was coming in so I wanted to get the trucks in place before the roads got bad. We get set up, start work and the bottom falls out, 3" of snow in 2 hours! WTF! Snow was supposed to change to rain, but never got warm enough, hello blizzard! Then after working in it all day, we get heading to the house and my phone starts blowing up, some lady desperately trying to get in touch with me about a emergency tree job, I GET ALL EXCITED!
Finally track her down...................................................
Emergency?
She couldn't get her dish installed till the tree was trimmed away from the roof for signal! WOW!
Gonna go bid both her trees for full pruning today!
Emergency! I suppose!
I would think it was too, if my cable was out! Gotta watch AX-MEN/Swamp Loggers!

Latest posts

Back