whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldnt you think if they were to do that on purpose they would have started it off in the depths of Central America where there are countless bat populations and undiscovered species, that way they could have plausible deniability and could have closed themselves off from its harm? (not to mention have developed there own vaccine)

Considering how tenuous the communist parties hold on power is at times of crisis, its likelihood is extremely thin and chances of keeping it secret (because people who release that kind of thing in there own nation have family in harms way to) are next to zero.

They dont like instability, they dont gamble, they think 50 years ahead, and they are taking over the world without a shot fired. Its an impressive rise, fueled by the likes of walmart.

And lets not go into the crazy idea of an invasion by russian and china (who dont like each other), every nation wargames various ideas and plans, how many strategies do you think the US has come up with against china or russia? Hundreds?
They dont have to invade the US, the US is sadly but steadily defeating themselves.

We are in full lockdown here, and I have a shoulder giving me trouble so I have been clearing out my workshop, found 6 22 inch chains, and a chain one of my guys made with the chisels on the inside!
Fun times, lots of time with kids and Lego. I sincerely hope things get better soon world wide

5T4aEru.jpg

Couple of things to consider the gene sequencing of the covid 19 virus is very close to that found in the bats.
Next, the R(0) factor (the number of people infected by a carrier) is about 2.5, roughly the same as the spanish flu and h1n1. However, the R(0) factor of measles is about 20 (seasonal flu is .7), if you were to create a virus as a weapon, the.measles virus would make more sesnse.

Lots of conjecture about the feasibility of this being a biological weapons attack as opposed to just an accident but this is all dispelled if one looks around and sees how well it is working...and takes a few minutes to read the link. They certainly would not care about collateral damage including in their own country and people like that are prepared to die for their country. But if it makes one feel more comfortable that it was just a bad mistake then it likely falls into their plans with whatever they do next. That is the big worry imo.

Gorman, son...no tin foil hat. I am ex USMC Military war vet. Once a Marine always a Marine and trained to expect the unexpected...from the enemy. Love your chipper truck.

Took the big spruce over the house 2 days prior in property behind. 3 days $5k with just 2 of us. Sold about $20k more over last weekend. Just gotta roll with it while it is there. Not top dolla but not bad either. cheers. Accidental selfie, 71 couple of weeks ago and on spikes all day on the spruce. Kept up easily with my great 32 year old groundie. Easy to forget the virus while busting ass all day. KIMG1883.JPG

Good to see you guys still kicking. We’ve been back out a few days this week too. Work trickling in again here as well. Have enough to go for a bit now. Same thing, not breaking any records $ wise, but not ridiculously low either. Feels good to be working and making a few trips to the bank at least (even though that’s like taking your life in your own hands).

I’m hoping the advantages the equipment (and a good reputation) and all the dead trees are enough to carry us through this nightmare. (That and nobody on the crew gets sick).

Stay safe out there, girls!!

Hey guys, a little information to pass on on something, the virus, that is of concern to our profession. The fear and economic result of this infection would be negated if a treatment (vaccine not to come for a long time) proved successful and was inexpensive, wouldn't it? This short vid. might be what we are looking for....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zer6omW0vnU&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2M3rXLp4uXhn4_iXLW_ssoW3_bzZRUOUFQ6KhY-GFuBz83hP7xzoAuUwI

Hey guys, a little information to pass on on something, the virus, that is of concern to our profession. The fear and economic result of this infection would be negated if a treatment (vaccine not to come for a long time) proved successful and was inexpensive, wouldn't it? This short vid. might be what we are looking for....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zer6omW0vnU&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2M3rXLp4uXhn4_iXLW_ssoW3_bzZRUOUFQ6KhY-GFuBz83hP7xzoAuUwI

Link no workie for me?

Removed some large dead oak limbs today and dropped a very dead 80' oak inbetween a well point and the main power lines. High stumped the dead oak, about a 5' high stump since thats where the best meat was. On the trim job I had a redirect about 60' up that got stuck when I was pulling it out/down. I had to pull myself back up on my main tip/rope about 40' to get the redirect unstuck, srt is sounding better every job. got a vid of one big branch being free felled trying to post now

Removed some large dead oak limbs today and dropped a very dead 80' oak inbetween a well point and the main power lines. High stumped the dead oak, about a 5' high stump since thats where the best meat was. On the trim job I had a redirect about 60' up that got stuck when I was pulling it out/down. I had to pull myself back up on my main tip/rope about 40' to get the redirect unstuck, srt is sounding better every job. got a vid of one big branch being free felled trying to post now

Attachments

• Part1.jpg
    Part1.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Back