whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good customers can really make a job better. I can't stand the ones that wanna stand right next to the drop zone. Asking if were gonna do this or that. Just wait for us to finish before jamming us up about this limb or that limb.
And for real keep your distance till this virus crap is over. With this heat and humidity I can barely stand to smell myself.

Found a pinhole in our chipper radiator yesterday at the end of the day. 2k for a new one drop shipped but I found an 88 year old swamp yankee that will fix it for a bag of scallops. My brother is handling the shellfish. I’ll let you know how this turns out.

Best of luck to ya, always good to know a scallop guy. Boy are they good the first 3 days right off the boat. I did day trips one summer shucking guts. Best part was the bluefin coming up and eating the guts. And the recreational fisherman trading everything they got on board for a bucket of guts. Rec boats would bring beer/cigarettes/dvd's/ all kinds of stuff just to trade for scallop guts.

Found a pinhole in our chipper radiator yesterday at the end of the day. 2k for a new one drop shipped but I found an 88 year old swamp yankee that will fix it for a bag of scallops. My brother is handling the shellfish. I’ll let you know how this turns out.
Hey Gorman, you ever though of having someone try to braze the pin hole? We do it to old tractor and equipment radiators that have pin holes riddled through them with quite a bit of success. May be worth a Shot and cheaper than 2k for a new one if it works

Hey Gorman, you ever though of having someone try to braze the pin hole? We do it to old tractor and equipment radiators that have pin holes riddled through them with quite a bit of success. May be worth a Shot and cheaper than 2k for a new one if it works

It not fixable. Totally rotted and filled with stop leak.

With a yard like that not sure why you would choose to go thru the hassle to use plywood ? Standard procedure ?

Standard procedure. We had the lift in for a couple things and were running the giant on it pretty good. Not to mention the bucket six wheeling up the hump to it’s set up. All the neighbors were actually just telling my guys how impressed they were with the whole show, mentioned the plywood in particular (I dunno, man, it works). I already have another estimate out there when I get a chance. Nice neighborhood actually. Lots of good looking scenery drifting by.

Didn't notice the hump that made you go "six wheeling" I know pictures don't always do the situation justice. I will say the pictures you share of your jobs do look like a professional is on scene. Now you have me pondering if I should do something with plywood, I try not to be afraid of change and I appreciate someone who has "arrived" sharing. In my mind it seems like my Bucket Truck would just destroy the plywood, I have to go "six wheeling" too sometimes ! Have thought about the mats they sell, seems like they would hold up better but they sure know what they want for them, thoughts ?

Plywood is your friend it holds up to buckets pretty good. Also depends on how soft the ground is I've gone places I didn't belong even on plywood and destroyed sheets or you can get 2 years outa a sheet. I love the sound of driving on a nice new crisp sheet oh the memories.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back